Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will a VX HBD lip add on fit a VT Exec front/ rear bar?

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Hi guys and possibly girls? ... I am looking at a vx hbd rear and front lip for my vt exec.

I have messaged the guy with them and he says he has tried it on a vt and it wont fit.

I was lead to believe that the vt and vx front and rear bar lips as such are identical in terms of the lower end?

What i want to know is will a vx HBD lip spoiler fit on an existing vt exec front bar?

Thankyou for your help :)

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Yes they will. Bar shape is the same on VT & vx exec

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Yes they will. Bar shape is the same on VT & vx exec

I would have thought so, I have had a close look in pics and they look identical but yet the guy is adamant it wont fit a vt im so confused i don't want to go all the way down to find out it doesnt fit haha

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I've been under the impression that the Calais HBD front lip at least won't fit any spec lower than a Berlina. That's for VX anyway. I'm not sure about VX to VT but if it's true that a VX HBD front won't fit anything lower than a Berlina VX then I can't see it fitting a VT either.

If it doesn't fit, can you message me with the details of this guy as I need the rear. Cheers.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
It's the same as putting SS/S lips on a VT. You need to mod it slightly and them it fits over the existing lip. VT Exec lips are not removable.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
That's the impression I've had, Rich. HBD lip will fit a Calais or Berlina but not and Exec or other model because of the bars. Maybe it can be modified like showbags is suggesting but I've not seen anyone go ahead and do that with the HBD lips.

Again, if it doesn't fit when you go down to check it out can you PM me the sellers info? Cheers.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Thanks guys and no problem MK2 I'll have a look if not let you know buddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
i just found out the VT lip will not fit a VX exec, the VX bar is longer by 25mm each side.

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
i just found out the VT lip will not fit a VX exec, the VX bar is longer by 25mm each side.

yeah i didnt know how they were different but knew they were