Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will jaycar speedo corrector fix this?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys

I have a vs series one ute. Speedo was accurate and I then fit a vs caprice dash with cluster as well as 19 inch wheels.

Speedo now reads approximately 90km/h when travelling sixty. 115ish at 80km/h and 145ish at 100km/h.

I'm unsure of diff ratio and it could very well be different.

Would a jaycar corrector sort this or is it another issue?

Thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
19's shouldn't throw out the speedo that much, but you never know. You could test it out by putting stockies on. Big question is did it read the same before you did the dash conversion?

Jaycar don't produce the kit anymore for some reason, but yes, you could use it to fix the issue. If it keeps varying then you will have to go problem hunting.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
use a tire calculator this is one I use Tyre Size Calculator @ ExplorOz Articles
use the "Tyre Size Difference Comparison" section, put your stock tire/wheel size in wheel 1, then your 19 inch in the wheel 2 and click on compare
this will estimate the speed difference ect so you can see if your wheel combo is the issue...

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Thanks guys. Will look into it. I don't have stockies anymore unfortunately.

The other thing I remembered was the little odo / speedo cog in the cluster was different for the vs ute and sedans. Does the level 3 cluster use the same little cogs as a level 1? I may be able to chuck in a cog for a ute into the level three but all the green panel wiring stuff scares me enough to not open it up for an exploration mission.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Just did the calculator and it says the speedo will read 100kmh when I am travelling 107kmh.

That and the other research I've done indicates it is a cog or I could have different diff. Thinking diff because it reads over and not under?