Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
In my limited experience, “banana” is what an Asian person calls another Asian person who’s behaving like a “white person”.

I can’t work out what the racial slur WRT the KIA is in this instance, but it’s in there somewhere!

what are you on about racial slur, limited experience is not the word
any one thats worked on cars knows a quick fix to quieten a whining diff is to stuff if full of bananas
bananas have been used in the motor trade and shady people selling a cars for as long as i can remember and thats 60+ years

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Sorry ... that’s all kinda the joke. :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
what are you on about racial slur, limited experience is not the word
any one thats worked on cars knows a quick fix to quieten a whining diff is to stuff if full of bananas
bananas have been used in the motor trade and shady people selling a cars for as long as i can remember and thats 60+ years

It was actually banana skins stuffed in a diff to quieten it down...:D

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Stinger vs Commodore

They both have adverts on TV now.

I reckon Kia is winning so far.
I wonder if the Police Force have started ordering Police Stingers yet

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
No Commodore that’s a Stinger competitor exists.
Said Commodore is dead; which’s why Stinger gets touted as a possible Commodore replacement ...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No Commodore that’s a Stinger competitor exists.
Said Commodore is dead; which’s why Stinger gets touted as a possible Commodore [SS sedan] replacement ...
Clearly not dead as a car, just no new model production in AU. Police lease new cars, prolly go for Commodore still, but HWP options are too numerous to call out Swinger as the main contender.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Well I'm in the market for a new set of wheels and the list of contenders is;

* Demo SSVR
* Kia Stinger GT
* Genesis G70 3.3T

Right now I have the SSVR winning in the acoustics department... struggling to keep the faith.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you look at the reviews done after the Stinger lobbed here, the SSVR will be similar on acceleration, will handle better & have better balance & steering feedback. The SSVR's interior is IMHO more dated, but also a bit less plastic than Stinger; I'd be surprised if the Genesis isn't more upmarket, but I also suspect it'll be more exxy than Stinger by ~$10k.
If there are people in the back, the SSVR obviously wins.
I've not seen any reviews for G70 performance yet, but given that Hyundai are positioning KIA as their more youthy brand & Genesis as their more luxo brand, I'd actually expect the G70 to have better ride than a Calais or Caprice ... dunno about handling, expected KIA to do a bit better than they have, maybe they spent more time on the G70 in Oz before they brought it to market.

I reckon that with the launch of the Genesis brand, however, you'll get Lexus-like customer service from Genesis. I suspect considerably less discounting compared to the other two, unless you wait at least 6 months.