Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will not start

blabe871

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS VE
Hi all

07 VE SS won't start.

Brand new battery as old one failed in cold weather, was working for about a week after that.

Now when I turn the key on there's nothing, no lights or start up process at all.

Have had current and prior electrical issues where the air con and radio have stopped.

Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
This happened to me this morning. But I had lights but nothing happened when I turned the key. I jiggled the starter motor cable and it started

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I jiggled the starter motor cable and it started
To me that’s your car giving you a big hint that she needs some tender love…

At least give her nuts a twirl, the ballsy girl she is :p else she might feel neglected and leave you by the side of the road :oops:

PS: OP should check the battery terminals are clean and tight ;)

PPS: seems I was beaten to the punch by @uglyoldfatbastard re battery terminals. This even though his post is after mine… consequence of hitting edit to update my post before hitting refresh :rolleyes:

Last edited:

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Hi all

07 VE SS won't start.

Brand new battery as old one failed in cold weather, was working for about a week after that.

Now when I turn the key on there's nothing, no lights or start up process at all.

Have had current and prior electrical issues where the air con and radio have stopped.

Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated
Check the battery leads were put on and tightened correctly and then load test the battery if you can and then if they are all good you are going to have to start checking all the fuses & relays.
Good luck

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Ok so what happened to me and let me explain the "jiggling" yesterday I got the engine mounts changed and when the mechanic lifted the engine it looks like it loosened the connection on the starter motor. I just tried starting it and no start so I out my hand behind the exhaust shield and I felt the cable had come off. I just called NRMA and now I'm waiting. I'm at work and have no jack to lift the car and I can see where the connection is.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
The OP could also check the starter relay