Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will the a STD style airbox flow 270-300rwkw ?

RVY-285

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY HSV Series 2 Maloo
hey all

just another quick question,

as cant seem to get find any direct answer from anyone so thought I would try here haha

ive got a YT MAF pipe, KN panel filter and chopped the bottom of the factory hsv box out, pretty much like a massive version of the 2 hole mod haha!!

yes I know bout the sucking in of hot air debate lol

but with that very basic setup could it flow up 270-300rwkw range??

or am I going to have to do a OTR ??

as I cant seriously see why not,

even if I have to do a port n polish or change my throttle body thats fine (what are the throttle body options everyone has done aswel then if thats what im going to have to do ?)

as would rather the engine bay looking factory as is the lads in blue decided to have a snoop around for visual aids to help them with giving me a defect lol !!

as a OTR stands out like dogs balls haha,

cheers
Benji

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
buy a CSV OTR, it has the maf meter in the housing and is legal.... cutting your airbox base isnt exactly legal either

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
ive got a weird setup that i hvent seen on any other car yet its a pipe pretty much the same as the YT one you have but then i have a VE 100mm maf wired in(so much bigger then the ls1 maf) then the whole corner where the air box normaly is boxed off and is sealed from the heat of the engine then its just a K&N pod style filter... and my car is sitting at 310rwkw... it cost a little extra to get the maf wired in but it is well worth it

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
ive got a weird setup that i hvent seen on any other car yet its a pipe pretty much the same as the YT one you have but then i have a VE 100mm maf wired in(so much bigger then the ls1 maf) then the whole corner where the air box normaly is boxed off and is sealed from the heat of the engine then its just a K&N pod style filter... and my car is sitting at 310rwkw... it cost a little extra to get the maf wired in but it is well worth it

As said here can be done, i'll be going an otrcai but if you go on the american forums there all running similar figures and more and large majority if not all have the maf still, usually a 90-100 maf.

RVY-285

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY HSV Series 2 Maloo
thanks guys for the input....

yeh I might just end up going to a APS CAI pod box anyway

if I can find-out who sells them lol!!