Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will the VF rubber moulded boot liner fit in a WN?

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Been trying to search everywhere to find out if the VF commodore rubber moulded boot liner accessory item will fit in the WN Caprice but have had no luck.

Ive got the brochures for both the WM Series II & WN Caprice and both in the Accessories sheet show the moulded rubber mat for the Caprice body but searching online I've found nothing and even trying a few Holden dealers in Spare Parts can't seem to find a listing for that particular accessory only the listing for the VF which they say doesnt look like it will fit in the Caprice.

Has anyone come across the rubber mat for the Caprice or know if the VF one will fit straight in?

Thanks in advance.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Hi Buddy,

The best best might be to ask the spare parts guys if you can see if the liner will fit in the boot and if it does you can then purchase it.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Buddy,

The best best might be to ask the spare parts guys if you can see if the liner will fit in the boot and if it does you can then purchase it.

This is the best bet too i agree.
I did suggest that to one of the spare parts dealers i called but they dont have it in stock and apparently none locally around me do. I think he mentioned it was a special order or something and would need to be paid in full for it to be brought down from the depot etc.

I was thinking of giving a call to Holden Customer Care???....not sure if they would be able to confirm if perhaps the accessories sheet was misprinted showing the rubber mat for the Caprice also?
Another spare parts i spoke to said he has never seen or heard of a rubber mat for the Statesman/Caprice range.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
if you are around the South Sydney area I am more then happy to let you try my one and see if it fits

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you are around the South Sydney area I am more then happy to let you try my one and see if it fits
Cheers thank you vy that is very kind of you :)
Im in Melbourne though lol. Its all good.

darrenj9413

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Series 2 Caprice.
I bought a genuine rubber boot mat for my WN2. I bought it online from holparts, I searched WN Caprice and it came up, about 12 or 18 months ago. It fit straight in, cost about $200 at the time as I recall. The thing is I searched for it on ebay or something and found it under WN, I still cant say that it is or is not the same one as VF, I'm thinking that the boot is probably bigger in the Caprice but don't know. hope this helps.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
I bought a genuine rubber boot mat for my WN2. I bought it online from holparts, I searched WN Caprice and it came up, about 12 or 18 months ago. It fit straight in, cost about $200 at the time as I recall. The thing is I searched for it on ebay or something and found it under WN, I still cant say that it is or is not the same one as VF, I'm thinking that the boot is probably bigger in the Caprice but don't know. hope this helps.
This one?
https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-wm-wn-boot-rubber-mat-cargo-liner-anti-slip

If so is it rigid ?

I just got my mitts on a WN Caprice and its missing the bootliner / carpet / spare wheel cover - so im wondering whether that one from Holmart is rigid or does it need a chip board thing under to support it?

IMG_20231019_130505702.jpg

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
This one?
https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-wm-wn-boot-rubber-mat-cargo-liner-anti-slip

If so is it rigid ?

I just got my mitts on a WN Caprice and its missing the bootliner / carpet / spare wheel cover - so im wondering whether that one from Holmart is rigid or does it need a chip board thing under to support it?

View attachment 259107
That one from holmart looks to be the genuine holden one. In that case (I have it) it is semi-flexible. It is rigid enough to hold it's shape but still bends. It'd work over the top of your boot but it will 'sag' in the areas there is no underlay support once you've put something heavy on it.

darrenj9413

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Series 2 Caprice.
Dodgy Davo, I agree with dassaur, yes the one I bought is the one in the link, genuine original Holden accessory, yes as dassaur said its semi rigid, what I suggest is sourcing some heavy duty cardboard to put underneath this rubber matt. Then I would be looking for the proper board and carpet to add back in from a wrecking yard perhaps, I reckon the cardboard and rubber liner would be a good interim measure and if you where to find the proper hardboard part and carpet then the rubber mat would still be an assett.