Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

will ve ssv 19s fit?

Chickenboi999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Sportswagon S2
aside from all the facts about diameter, ve have a new stud pattern if im not mistaken, u would have to get the offset changed to fit pre ve cars

Adam_88

soon to be boosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
red VY Ute
aside from all the facts about diameter, ve have a new stud pattern if im not mistaken, u would have to get the offset changed to fit pre ve cars

nope its the same stud pattern:beer chug:
and vy's came out with 17's so you can go 19's leagaly

gunsy

Reaction score
hey mate i just bought the same rims for my vu with the standard ve tyres still on them 245/40, the tyres will be to big but they do fit.there is about a mm gap between tyre and strut on the front and i cant turn at full lock without it rubbing on the guard, the rear is fine, ive got ssl springs all round, i think you need 245/35

themark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyII wagon
ok thanks guys.

gunsy do they rub bad?
and is it only at full lock or a bit before it?

02nelsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
i am also looking to get these wheels, how much of a mission is it to get them to fit, how does the hub need to be machined?

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
The centre-bore on the rim itself needs to be machined slightly to fit over pre VE hubs.

02nelsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
bugger, that makes it a bit of mission, would the rims have to be put on a lathe to do that or is there another way... i guess what i am asking what is the easiest way to fit these wheels?

themark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyII wagon
yeah actually i was gonna ask that myself.
do the tyres need to be taken off to machine the wheels?

gunsy

Reaction score
yer a bit before full lock its not too bad , but the tyres will not be legal cause of the outside diametre being too large and it looks kinda weird with big tyres on em too

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
For the NSW/Sydney area guys i recommend sending VE rims to be machined at Payless tyres in chullora. They machined my VE SSV's for just $12.50 a wheel. The stud pattern is not different, just the centre bore size. For these 19's and other holden 19's on pre-ve's you should run either 245/35 or 235/35 profile tyres.

In addition, in NSW i know this for sure but the old school 2 inch rule has not applied for quite a while now. It's now something to the effect of it's legal "as long as the rolling diameter of the wheel and tyre does not exceed either more or less than 25mm of the stock wheel/tyre combination".

for example, a stock 15" commodore wheel (VR-VZ) typically wears 205/65/15 rubber. The overall rolling diameter for this combination is 647.5mm. If you were to slap 19's such as the VE SSV's on your pre ve and used either 235 or 245 tyres the rolling diameter would be 647.1 and 654.1mm respectively.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup: