Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will vp irs srear springs fit vy irs

victtor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
HI i have pair off fe2 rear springs out off my vp irs ss and was wonder if these would fit my wifes vy series 2 with irs thanks
victtor

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Yep i think so mate.. I thought that all irs springs except VE were interchangable.

Though, they may be fair bit lower in a vy because vy's are heavier.

Cheers.

Jezza95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6 IRS executive
(9 years later)... Was wondering if it had been done before?? Visa versa?? As I own a VP irs an was looking to lower it... A mate has vu irs springs an I'm not sure if they'll fit my VP irs

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think they will fit however I don't know if you will achieve the desired result due the different weights of the 2 vehicles.

It can't hurt to try though as it's an easy swap. Jack up the rear of the car until just before the rear wheels lift and undo the lower shock mount and then continue to jack up the rear end (make sure the hand brake is off and the front wheels are chocked properly). you might need to force the hub down a little to get the old springs out, fit the new springs, lower the rear until the shock lines up the mount and put the bolts back in but don't tighten all the way, drop the car onto the ground and tighten the lower shock bolts fully and you are done.