Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wind noise

franco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN,VP,VX II,VFII
the one on the red car , with the higher lip.
When I showed the dealership these pictures they didn't know what I was talking about.

w3b3d1g1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Ute
Great work Franco. Yes I experience wind noise also (vf2 ssv reline Ute).

I put some thin weather guards on Windows. I think that added to the noise.

Any solution to that lip. Perhaps some of that door seal strip rubber perhaps.

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
Hey guys,
I'm really happy with my wagon, in fact I'm loving it.
However I have noticed that at 90+ the drives door starts to sound like the window is cracked open.. on a few occasions I've checked the window to see if it is closed. My wife even commented, when she drove it on the weekend.

I'm taking it in for the 1mth service next week, and have informed the dealer... so will see what comes from that.

I was going to get the windows tinted next week, but will hold off until it's been to the dealer first, so they can't use that as an excuse

Anyone know of a fix?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Can't say I have any problem with wind noise with the weather shields, but then I silicon the gaps as the sticky tapes weren't too good on the shields.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Can't say I have any problem with wind noise with the weather shields, but then I silicon the gaps as the sticky tapes weren't too good on the shields.
Genuine ones?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Genuine ones?
Not genuine ones, I had genuine weather shields on my previous VF1 ute and it has a screw clip at the bottom end. Those non genuine ones don't have the clip and look slightly neater but then the sticky tape weren't too good on them. I applied a thin layer of silicon to protect sticky tapes and filled the gap between the plastic shield and door frame. So far so good.

Beerzomike

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS Sportwagon
Hey guys,
I'm really happy with my wagon, in fact I'm loving it.
However I have noticed that at 90+ the drives door starts to sound like the window is cracked open.. on a few occasions I've checked the window to see if it is closed. My wife even commented, when she drove it on the weekend.

I'm taking it in for the 1mth service next week, and have informed the dealer... so will see what comes from that.

I was going to get the windows tinted next week, but will hold off until it's been to the dealer first, so they can't use that as an excuse

Anyone know of a fix?
Did anything come of this? I took mine to dealer yesterday with exact same issues. They said it’s normal. I find it incredibly irritating!