Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window guide rubber moulding

pikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute Manual 2009
Hi all
I am trying to find a felt/rubber guide moulding for the drivers door of my 1997 Statesman. It is at the rear of the door for the glass to run in. I have had no luck trying to find a new one. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere or does someone have a good second hand one available. I have attached a couple of photos of the part reqd

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0731.jpg
    IMG_0731.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 229

pikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute Manual 2009
Thanks for your replies...Apparently its not the bailey channel but a separate piece of rubber/felt...I have been into rare spares and this isnt part of the bailey channel kit? Maybe he was wrong?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If it is the same as executive the rear channel is called a bailey channel. The fronts are available but the rears are second hand only. Rare Spares won't have one front or rear. Unless you fluke it. You might get lucky online searching across Australia in all Rare Spares. But best bet is a wrecker.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Commodores of that vintage have two channels. Traditional bailey channel inside the door sitting inside runners and a specific channel that runs around the door. You buy it in a kit like this:

http://www.rarespares.net.au/mitchell/ProductPage.aspx?product=RBC1069

I never go into their stores cause 9/10 they have no idea what they sell, even when it's on their website lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rarely do Rare Spares have anything for a VR or VS. Its a myth that they carry spares for VR and VS. Some stores might have the odd part but unlikely to find much. They told me VR is not old enough for them to have parts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rare spares sell it

Commodores of that vintage have two channels. Traditional bailey channel inside the door sitting inside runners and a specific channel that runs around the door. You buy it in a kit like this:

http://www.rarespares.net.au/mitchell/ProductPage.aspx?product=RBC1069

I never go into their stores cause 9/10 they have no idea what they sell, even when it's on their website lol
i take that back some stores must still be able to get a kit. I tried and run into a brick wall.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Just order online. There's still plenty of reserves hence why some bricks and mortar stars have no idea once they've run out of stock themselves. I give my local guy grief because they call themselves rare spares but seem to struggle with 'rare' stuff.

pikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute Manual 2009
Thanks again for your replies...I will go back to rare spares and try again..Otherwise i'll try the wreckers

Thanks