Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window Paint

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
^^^ That is insane. Move this post back to the VR/VS forum where it belongs. I dont care if the problem is VR/VS specific, what are we going to pull apart every single post and put it in the general forum. I would not have seen this post, had it not been in the VR/VS section. My folks own a VT and they dont have this problem. My brother owns a VX and he doesnt have this problem. I own a VR and I HAVE this problem. If someone wants to talk about this in the general forum, they should make the post in the general forum. I want to know the parts and prices for a replacement, and it is most certinaly not the same for a VT/VX/VY/VZ. :ranting:

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
I just did this exercise on the weekend. I carefully masked up the window and then very lightly smoothed off the peeling bits with 1200 wet rub (used dry). I then sprayed with an aerosol plastic primer (around $10 for a large can) and then finished with 3 coats of gloss. This comes up very glossy, but shows specs of dust and other surface lumps and bumps, so I left this to dry o/night and then lightly sanded this back with 1200 wet rub. I finished it off with a metal polish like reflections or autosol (acts like a very fine cutting compound) and it came up like new. Sounds like a lot of rooting around but didn't take long in the whole scheme of things.