Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window regulator question

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
Hey everyone, just a quick question we have a vy executive wagon with both rear windows don't go up or down ( both manual windows) and I have a vt executive wagon which needs to much work to go back on the road, so would front windows reg from the vt go into the back of the vy? Thanks

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I don't know but if you measure the doors and glass which I believe are the same, then the answer would be yes.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
No !,
They are a completely different in shape, size and mounting points.

Probably have to drill the mounting rivets out,
And either you re-rivet them back in,
or
Grab a 1/4 or 6mm thread tap, and tap the 3 mounting holes/nuts on the replacement regulators,
and use the appropriate bolts to suit to bolt them back in. [I did this with my Wife's 99 VT Berlina when the Left Rear Regulator failed]
Hint: if you do use bolts, also use flat washers on each bolt that shares the tension on the door frame,
as the door frame is probably/approximately only 22g steel.

Best to pickup a couple at a wreckers, that way you will buy the right item for the right car, for the right job, hopefully for the right price.
Do it once, do it properly. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay thanks guys for your help, I'm still learning so I really do appreciate taking your time to answer my questions, thanks.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi everyone, were going to look at a wreckers but if that fails would anybody know of a website that would have them? Had a look and can't really find any for the rear of a wagon online, I am pretty sure the sedan ones are different? Going to get ones for a wagon but just curious, thank you.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi everyone, were going to look at a wreckers but if that fails would anybody know of a website that would have them? Had a look and can't really find any for the rear of a wagon online, I am pretty sure the sedan ones are different? Going to get ones for a wagon but just curious, thank you.
Depends where you are located.
A wrecker in Nambour has a considerable holding of VT VX VY VZ but he is cash only and does not have an online presence as far as I know. His name is Chris 0409 499 423

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you, will look into it.

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Depends where you are located.
A wrecker in Nambour has a considerable holding of VT VX VY VZ but he is cash only and does not have an online presence as far as I know. His name is Chris 0409 499 423

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Just re read it and you could try Carsrus for new regs. in Kawana