Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window wiper annoyances

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else here is plagued with their wipers streaking on one side? - I've supercleaned my glass multiple times, changed two sets of expensive wipers, have made sure they're aligned and tried bending it to be parallel etc. Passenger side is good but my driver's side always leaves smears... Just curious to know of anyone else has this issue too? Of not I may look at getting the wiper arm replaced cause it's getting annoying (OCD) also, have not used rain X.
Thanks

Sfitz38

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 ZB Commodore LT
Not sure which brand blades you are using, I had a set of Tridon blades on and they were pretty bad, left marks where some tiny stone chips were in the glass. Went and bought a pair from Holden spares and no problems at all now, three months on.

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Mine leave a triangle between the two at the bottom but apart from that no streaks.
Mine are oem blades from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163683670673
Thanks for that. I'll try find a seller who ships to NZ, I should have looked before I brought my Bosch AeroTwins from trade me.
Not sure which brand blades you are using, I had a set of Tridon blades on and they were pretty bad, left marks where some tiny stone chips were in the glass. Went and bought a pair from Holden spares and no problems at all now, three months on.

Hmmmm so far I've tried wipertech (which were absolutely horrific (it seems like the slot was too big for the hooks) their customer service however was extremely good and sent another set to try and after having no joy they refunded me so a+ for service. I now have brought a set of Bosch AeroTwin wipers and still have the same issue which makes me think my wiper arm may need to be replaced - or my windscreen may be the culprit as it is not OEM since I brought the car second hand. Seems the next step is replacing with OEM wipers, spending $150+ on wipers isn't much fun! Dealers here in NZ love to overcharge EVERYTHING.
Appreciate your helpful responses

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
@1qazwsx4
Are the blades directional?
Have you tried turning them around and putting them in the other way, so they are using the opposite sides?
Just an idea that I would try.
I gave that a try with the wipertech blades but no difference, have not tried that on the new ones because the passenger side works perfectly but the drivers doesn't which is why I thought I would ask here just incase it was a known issue. Even tried aligning the driver's side arm to match the profile of the passenger but no joy... Cheers for your suggestion