Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows 7 - Tester Opinions

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
I believe there's an RC Version next month, then if all goes well an RTM in August. So it should be on the shelves in August / September.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
The RC version is 7048.

Its just not released to the public yet.

The final release date is unknown once again, it's supposed to be early 2010 now.

:( Im holding off on building my new computer until its released, I dont want to waste my money on Vista Ultimate 64, for one or two months.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Why not just build your new computer and just run XP until 7 comes out then?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
meh get with the times people, pretty simple buy extra memory to keep up with technology

sp4nky

Reaction score
Been trialing this for a while now using it as my Primary OS. (Beta 7000)
Much quicker than vista, much more stable, Have had driver problems with it but all sorted now as i have fairly old computer
AMD 3800+
DFI Lanparty Expert
2gig of ocz ram
nvidia 7600gt

problem i had with drivers were getting my raid config to work had to use 2 different drivers 1 for the raid controller (date somewhere back in 2005 - 2006) and 1 for the raid devices (date 2008) then manually update the older raid controller drivers once i got windows installed. vista drivers for soundcard work fine (onboard realtek non-hd dating back to 2006) Nvidia drivers are on windows 7 update so got them off that and seem to be working flawlessly

Haven't tried the RC 7056 yet as 7000 is stable so will do it when i can be stuffed :p
Or when i build my new computer in a few months whatever comes first.

Just a heads up 7048 isnt RC as the EULA states its still a beta where as 7056 states its RC :)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
:( Im holding off on building my new computer until its released, I dont want to waste my money on Vista Ultimate 64, for one or two months.

There was a rumor that if you got Vista premium or ultimate you would get a free upgrade to WIndows 7, got nothing solid on that though.

I have had huge issues with the music librarys (could create the library but the music would not appear in media player at all) and also when added to a domain W7 could not create the local profiles with a w2k3 server, bugger. :bang:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Why not just build your new computer and just run XP until 7 comes out then?

Shoud/Could, and probably will end up doing that. I just a brand new fresh sytem with a nice new OS, just being padantic about it really.

meh get with the times people, pretty simple buy extra memory to keep up with technology

Umm..... I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

There was a rumor that if you got Vista premium or ultimate you would get a free upgrade to WIndows 7, got nothing solid on that though.

I have had huge issues with the music librarys (could create the library but the music would not appear in media player at all) and also when added to a domain W7 could not create the local profiles with a w2k3 server, bugger. :bang:

Might look into the free upgrade, if its an "upgrade" though ill still pass, but if lets you upgrade with a full install, then that would be awesome, but i doubt microsoft will do that lol.

With the media player problem, double check its set to search from there. Mine is set to search from two external places, one being the Server's RAID drive music folder, and the other is the torrent box download complete folder, which continually updates and is really good at removing moved/deleted files from the playlist. The best media player for a home network so far. Im having a few DivX problems on one movie file, but im not running any other DivX support except what comes pre-loaded.