Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wing mirror glass/electrics

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi all. Some good for nothing idiot :mad: has hit my left wing mirror in a one way street and the glass (and I assume some components inside the casing) is now missing. There isn't any damage to the actual mirror casing or paint luckily. Does anyone know how much I could expect to pay for repairs? Roughly... Not sure if it will be worth claiming insurance on. Cheers.

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
A new mirror glass cost me $35 from a wrecker about 6 months ago.. not sure on the electrics..

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
OK thanks mate. I can see the plugs that obvioulsy hook into the back of the mirror somehow but nothing more than that. I guess I visit Holden and get a quote.

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
OK, I went to Team Capital Holden in Wellington but as the motor was missing, a new unit (you can't get the motor without the whole mirror unit) is NZ$370. Anyway, they had to order the part so I would have to wait until tomorrow while the part was ordered from their parts centre. I decided to go back down to where the car was hit and sure enough, on the other side of the road was the mirror and motor unit, undamaged but wet. I quickly turned back and went to see what they could do. The mechanic at Holden had just finished his shift but said he would stay on to try and salvage the mirror unit. Ten minutes later he had fitted it and made sure it worked okay and they charged me a grand total of $0. Yes, zero charge. How's that for service!

In summary in case anyone wants to know, NZ$370 + GST + labour is the actual cost of replacing a mirror if you smash the glass and motor unit.

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
Sounds like a top bloke! so yeah, if that happened to me (ignoring the fact that I could never afford an SV6) I'd just leave the motor out of it