Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiper arm question

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Should be ok as long as its uses a contact that makes the circuit when it is energised .... by the way my speedo is working fine now with a 2 pulse generator and angled drive with a t400 speedo cable... in hindsight a vdo electronic speedo would have been cheaper but is a bit messy....a working tacho hopefully is just a additional converter install that I have bought lately and will install soon...keep you posted

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Cool would you be able to post up a few pics of the speedo and tacho work and rough price frame so I know what im getting into here cheers

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
524004_3367634510131_35259256_n.jpg

406273_3367631430054_652413969_n.jpg

292453_3367632350077_897680770_n.jpg

168893_3367632910091_766073924_n.jpg

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Looks good as long as you have the relay terminals right....I just hot glued the extra relay to the board and put it all in a jiffy box to enclose it all and then cable tied tit to something to keep it neat. That was for my vp but my vh has the original setup with the extra intermittent switch near the vents...not as functional as yours but keeps the vh column looking original and probably less bulky looking.

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
ok tacho works now with the little board installed.....80 bucks bit rich for a little circuitboard from the speedo place at wagga wagga its called a c6105a

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
ok tacho works now with the little board installed.....80 bucks bit rich for a little circuitboard from the speedo place at wagga wagga its called a c6105a

Very cool to hear that mate so now you have both the speedo and the tacho working correctly in your Commodore. Hey if possible is there any chance you can put a few pics and or diagram and info on all the bits you got to get yours to work, then I can attempt to get mine up and running without hiccups.
These two little (lol) jobs are much of what I need to finish off mine then its just the engineer inspection and rwc to get. Cool now im getting eager again to get my beast done, sort of a let down when things don't work and ya start to pull ya hair out lol.
Also any more progress pics of your beast cheers mate

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Now Ive got the speedo and tacho sorted , I am fixing the door that had a minor skirmish with a bobcat many moons ago.Ive had the door off while ive been doing the wiring and it was a blessing in disguise as it made getting in and out of the car much easier...so at this stage the door is repaired and primed ready for a fine day so I can paint it. The oil leak turned out to be a cooler line that is fixed now and the auto is working fine....all that really needs some attention after the bodywork is the diff which is the stocko salisbury and small tailshaft...dont know if I should go to a borg warner with the bigger shaft...just waiting until one on ebay near me surfaces...Im really after a 3.08 and Im not sure if the extra 12mm width on a vl one will be a issue.
Cost wise with the speedo ....105 for 2 pulse generator 175 for angled drive from a speedo place up here in brisbane and 60 for the cable (ebay job). The tacho was 80 for the converter from speedo place in wagga wagga .Ill get some pictures for you next time im under the car.
This is the converter...with a coin to see how small it is
tachoadp.jpg

[video=youtube_share;cW8Zm-JEE6U]http://youtu.be/cW8Zm-JEE6U[/video]
angledrive.jpg

angleddrive.jpg

Last edited:

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Tried the wiper circuit yesterday but seemed to do nothing different will go back and check all the wires and ask jaycar about the configure of that relay I may have put the relay round wrongly.
I take it most of the wires join the switch side not the loom side??
Cheers mate again and yet to track down those speedo and tacho bits for the beast
Was just thinking could I just run a full size relay like the size in the underwood relay box ???? Instead of that small size one on the cuircut board

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
All the wire connections that go that come from unit tee off the wires that used to plug into the switchblock and the new switch plug wires are tails that do the same.
I know for sure the circuit works..it is still working in my old car and I have sold one to another forum member without drama.
At first glance the wire connections on the your new relay base look wrong.....you have to put a multimeter on them to figure if they are right ...heres how mine were connected
relaybaseconfig.jpg

using THIS RELAY from jaycar
Are you sure the relay you are using is a 12v one (like the white one in the link in the line just above)...The one in the picture of yours above says 250 v on the case

Last edited:

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey there Markovr great news I have the wipers working, I followed the new wiring diagram you posted to me and now it works. I went back to jaycar to get another relay thinking that the one I got could be stuffed and I asked them to check that the one I had is the correct one, they told me that the one on the site link you posted is the same as mine only it a black color (I forgot to ask about the 250v written on the side) but he told me its the same and they didn't have any white ones.
Once I rewired the relay using the first one as it still is ok I now have the wipers working and stopping correctly only small hiccup is now when the switch is in the fully up off spot I get intermitten working but all is off when the switch is set to intermitten????
High and low speed work fine only the int and off bit not a big deal I could use it as is but was just wondering what would cause this, wrong wire placement or is that first relay stuffed after all.
Anyway thanks heaps mate for all your help, am yet to get around to the tacho and speedo side of things lots of family matters and poor weather to get out there with it will keep you up to date but cheers.
Oh by the way any more news on your and any more pics cheers again