Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiper problems

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Ive had new blades on the wipers of my SV6 since last Nov or Dec.

Recently Ive noticed they are smearing on the 'down' cycle....frutratingly right in my line of sight - happens on passenger side too.

Theres no nicks in the edge, (only a few months old) no debris causing this....happens when blades and screen have just been cleaned

I feel a bit more pressure against the windscreen would solve this...is there any way this is possible?

PS- Glass seems cheap and nasty too....I vaguely recall hearing or reading about Holden windscreen issues and cheap glass from China???? Thermally treated or something???

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Every time I buy new wiper blades they are good for a few weeks then start to harden up and go crappy.

Were they any good a few months ago when you first put them on? I only buy cheapies but they tend be less rubbery, $4-5 a pop I replace them about twice a year.

I was thinking of trying rainx or bosch wiper blades next time but they are a bit expensive.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
As mentioned. Depending on what the blades are exposed to (outside heat and other elements) especially tree sap they can deteriate quite quickly due to the soft rubber used. My wifes car needs replacing every few months due to her car being parked outside at work.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I bought some Tridon FlexBlade wipers from supercheap, and they have been rock solid for me. I got them some time last year and they are still like new. I park outside during the day etc. And those wiper blades just clipped in within about 5 seconds! Easiest wiper blade replacement I've ever done.

If you keep your windscreen clean, then that always helps. Rainex is good, but just general cleaning (and beleive it or not, a polish) is fantastic.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
+1 for tridon flex blades from supercheap. Put them on more than a year ago, and they are still going strong!
I so however keep my car pretty clean, lives in a garage most days, and use rainx which saves me needing the wipers at all most of the time.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Tridon FlexBlade wipers from supercheap

I will have to look into these next time. Thanks for the tip.

+1 for rain x, I have been using it for years. Always give it a fresh application when taking a trip anywhere. Helps the removal of bugs from the screen, not to mention the space Warp look while driving at night in the rain (so the kids say).

IceyAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series II Sedan
On my VZ I used bosch ones. Cost me $70 for 3 of them and didnt have to replace them for 2 years.
Best wipers I ever had. My car used to be parked outside all day aswell not once did I have any issues.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I will have to look into these next time. Thanks for the tip.

+1 for rain x, I have been using it for years. Always give it a fresh application when taking a trip anywhere. Helps the removal of bugs from the screen, not to mention the space Warp look while driving at night in the rain (so the kids say).

No worries.

The tuggeranong store had heaps of them. You'd reckon they all would though. and save yourself some time and flip through the book next to them, and find the correct model for the VE. The left and right wipers are different too.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah I have the tridon flex blades too...spent $50 odd on the two so not keen on forking out if I dont have to, my cars undercover more often than not
Agrree very simple to put on....about time

Whats rainex?? a Blade brand or some type of cleaning solution?...if the latter for the resevoir or just by hand?