Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wipers not working ve calais

frankzed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Hey guys.
Got a ve calais v 6.0
Now the wipers don't work on intermittent speed or normal speed but work on high speed.

Bought a 2nd hand wiper stalk and fitted it, no change.

Checked the relays, all ok.

Any ideas as I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It can be the motor. Straight forward job. Remove the wiper arms, shroud, and unplug, then unbolt. Take a photo of the arrangement before removing.

It could also be the BCM.

Might pay to get the wiring diagrams because you might even be able to grab a test light or multimeter, back probe the plug and connect the multimeter to the back probe. Then test each pin.

If you search the forum via google, you’ll find the download for the VE manual. Look for a google drive link.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I posted some photos of how to do it back in 2018 I think it was.

hookalaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 3.6
Same I just got a VE calais 2006 and only thing I didn't check when test driving was the wipers... next day after buying it I switch them on and the motor is so loud its screaming trying to work but the wipers are barely moving. A quick look at the motor and there's a lot of leaves and moist organic debris built up around motor so I guess this didn't help at all. If I remove the wiper motor can I service it myself .? I'm pretty good at electrical/mechanical repairs i can rebuild a engine by myself. Or is it too hard or easier to buy $50 2nd hand from wreckers.