Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Alpine type S splits

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
My type S splits have two sets of wire connectors on the back of the speakers themselves. One set for the wire from the headunit or amp to the speaker and one set that the wire from the crossover connects to then to the tweeter. My question is can I connect the existing wire in the door from the headunit/amp to the speaker so that it is connected to both sets of connectors on the type S speaker and then after I install the tweeter (in the stock position in dash) and crossover can I tap into the speaker wire inside the car? so that I don't have to run another wire into the door. Thanks for any help.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
No you can't sorry. You will need to run at least one pair of speaker wires into the door for the tweeter if you intend to use the stock location.... So you will wire original speaker wires directly to the speaker INSIDE the door, then the output on the speaker to the tweeter will need to run back out through the door and up into tweeter. It sounds like a pain in the arse but in the end, it's not that bad. A length of coat hanger wire, electrical tape and something slippery..like KYJelly, silicone spray, WD40 a some candle wax, a stick of dry lube.... even dishwashing detergent. Once it's through the rubber grommet you'll feel a million bucks on your success and ready to tackle the drivers door.

you did start on the passenger door right? ;)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I need to apologize mate, I just went a checked a pair and you most certainly can do what your hoping to do. Simply attach the speaker in to those wires and then tweeter wiring can be attached to the factory tweeter wiring PROVIDED you use the inline crossover with it supplied by alpine.

Sorry again mate.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Great thanks for that mate. Thought you could just looking at them but wanted to be sure before I tackled the doors.