Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring colors

51cvq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
Can someone tell me if the wiring harness for the engine & dash harness colors for the vr/vs statesman is the same color for the vq statesman??

ie: if i have a yellow wire from the vs statesman it would be the same as the yellow wire from the vq statesman?? which brings me to my next point if they are the same i would be right to just solder them and heat shrink it right?

I have tried to read the wiring diagrams but they are making no sence to me all i see is lines when i look at the diagrams :confused:

Thanks for the help

Adrian

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When you look at the diagrams, there should be a legend for the colours. Just trace the yellow wire in both diagrams and see where it goes. If it goes to the same place then you should be right. In fact you could do that with all the colours, make sure they go to the same things in both the VR/VS and the VQ. I would assume the later harness would have more wires though.

51cvq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
yeah it does it has 3 extra wires not sure what for though:D thanks for that i will go back to the books and try again