Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Discovery!!! Amp or No Amp on Berlina VTII

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Was removing the rear parcel shelf on my VTII Berlina and discovered wiring harnesses not connected to anything, but were found to be near the rear parcel shelf speaker covers. On further investigation I discovered an unused connector down the LHR quater panel with same coloured wiring code as the two what looked like speaker wires. Does this wiring in 1/4 panel belong to the factory Eurovox Amplifier (Calais owners out there pls help.) Also the Calais head unit has provision for two connectors at the back, so can anyone fill me in on what this upper connector is for??? I thiught it was for the amp but now am not so sure if the wiring is already in place for the upgrade!! :hit:

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
my wh has the same setup as the calais and behind the spare tyre the factory amp is bolted there which connects to the twin 8inch subs on the parcel shelf so i wouls yes thats what the wiring is for

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wiring Solved and Parts Purchased

Have now spoken to a couple of wrecker friends who have calais vehicles in their yards and we have tracked down that the wiring is in place for the subs and amplifier, so I have purchased both and will be connecting them in to my car at the end of this week. So thanx guys for the help and any other Berlina owners out there i'm sure the wiring is installed in your vehicles as well behind the parcel shelf and the rear 1/4 panel in the boot!!! :w00t:

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
so thats in your VTii Berlina ...
hmmm i have a vx ii Berlina and havent actually seen any of these as i have ripped the heck out of my car when installing the new sub amp and HU ?? hmmm

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well now I am confused!! :confused: Hooked the factory subs up to the rear parcel shelf wiring harness connectors, put the amplifier in its correct position and wired it up using the supplied connector taped back in the boot. Will not work!!! :bang: There must be another harness missing that connects in and then goes up to the radio. Pulled the car apart today to try and find the harness end!!! Noticed that fuse 24 for Subs and Amp only has one terminal which is power 12volts in. What does the other side of the fuse go to???? Do any wiring gurus know what is missing and where it should run too?? Any help gratefully accepted. :hit: I am running a factory calais maestro H/U