Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Help anyone??

Bitemylip

Reaction score
I have just noticed that i have three cut wires under the hood of my newly acquired VR Commo.

Two are labeled. Temp & Oil the other is not. My temperature gauge is not working, and i'm not too sure about oil..? so i am guessing these wires are for the dash. (They go through the firewall)

Can anyone tell me what the third wire might be, these three wires are bundled together. And also where are the temp and oil wires supposed to be wired to? Im having troubles reading the wiring diagram.

Thanks
Simone

Bitemylip

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps. The hole where the wires come out of the firewall is basically behind the brake booster.

On further inspection, i noticed these are probably not supposed to be taped together, and the labeled wires actually have 4 wires in one. So this is what i have:

Labeled OIL : 4 wires
yellow /w blue stripe
light blue
light green
black

Labeled TEMP: 4 Wires
Orange
White
Black
Blue

Non labeled wire
Black /w white stripe (Looks like a double wire, kinda like head phones that could be split, if you know what i mean!)

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 119

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
definately not standard, its possible the previous owner had aftermarket gauges hooked up if they are labled oil and temp. if they arent connected to anything inside the car just pull em out.

My temperature gauge is not working

this is usually the case if somebody has added an aftermarket water temp gauge as they would remove the factory water temp sender and put in an aftermarket one for their gauge, if you look where the top radiator hose connects to the engine there should be 2 sensors just below it which should have wires coming off them, if one doesnt you might be able to reconnect it if the previous owner replaced the factory sender.

hope that helps