Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring in fuel pump

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
ok guys ive gotta black 3.3 carbi half way through changing to efi needing to know how to wire up the pump since i only have the brown and black sender wires NO black and purple how do i go about it...

V

vn25det

in my workshop manual it states that the factory electric fuel pump wiring in the est versions are taped back near the parcel shelf on drivers side have a search as i checked it out on my mates est exec and it was there so we used it to wire in a efi pump and removed the manual pump.

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool cheers mate found it....now was wondering if its possiable to do a efi conversion without vl fuel tank and efi fuse box....i have everthing else including relay.

V

vn25det

no as soon a u go around a corner it will surge n stall unless u use a surge tank and low/high pressure pumps but why bother going to all that expence n trouble if its a stock\mild engine, just get an efi tank only takes a few hours to remove n install plus fit all new lines at same time. i do have efi tank n pump if ur interested but im up north-east country vic

with the efi side in the fuse box just remove the efi wiring from the donor fuse loom and then just run it seperate to ur fuse box thats in the car. its a little bit more fiddley but easier to try n change all the looms over expecially if urs is the 85 ^mdl with the hard wired fuse box. earlier mdls were not to bad

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i'm in the same boat as the other guy running on gas for awhile so can i just skip wiring pump into relay and run just on gas..
im in geelong so....plus ive already weeded out the old loom and put in the efi

Last edited: