Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring VXSS foglights into an Exec

karlos_1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Has anyone else had to fully wire up foglights into their VX because the loom and relay wasn't already there?
I checked my car out the other day, and I don't have the wiring and relay there already, unlike some lucky ppl.
Was just wondering who else has had the same problem, and if so, how hard is it to wire up and what costs r involved?
I wana use the proper switch too to keep it looking genuine. $60 odd from Holden, a bit rich...

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
I'm assuming that the VX uses the same switch as the VY ? (correct me if I'm wrong).
There's info on my site about the wiring. I paid about $43 for the switch from Holden.

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the VX uses the same switch as the VY ? (correct me if I'm wrong).
There's info on my site about the wiring. I paid about $43 for the switch from Holden.

The NARVA wiring diagram for its front fog light kit is incorrect under ADR/UNECE Regulations (ADR13/19). The diagram given applies ONLY to the North American market under its FMVSS108 regulations, and NOT for the rest of the world in relation to front fog lights which use UNECE regulations.

US: - 'feed' is taken from low-beam as can be seen in the digram.
Rest of the World team: - the 'feed' is taken from the vehicles sidelights/position (this means the parkers folks)!

The Narva fog lamps are fully Compliant and will be better performers than the standard GM/H VX-VY series SS version which were not E marked for Compliance.

In severe conditions, it is best to switch off your low beam and rely on the front fog lamps, this means the park lights, front and rear will remain on. Reflected glare is reduced and your front indicators - next to the headlights can then be seen more clearly by other traffic.

IF you add a rear fog lamp AND you have front fogs, the 'feed' is best taken from front fog positive. If you have no front fogs, the rear fog positive-feed can be taken from the low beam active.

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Diagram corrected (for other vehicles in Australia).
The VY combination headlight/foglight switch takes care of this issue.

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
Has anyone else had to fully wire up foglights into their VX because the loom and relay wasn't already there?
I checked my car out the other day, and I don't have the wiring and relay there already, unlike some lucky ppl.
Was just wondering who else has had the same problem, and if so, how hard is it to wire up and what costs r involved?
I wana use the proper switch too to keep it looking genuine. $60 odd from Holden, a bit rich...

hi karlos

I have the exact same issue with my car. Ive got a VYS series II. Funny enough holden decided to leave in all the factory wiring for fog lights in the series I but not the series II. This may explain why you dont have any there either.

I paid 50 bucks for my switch from a gmh parts place in sydney. 230 bucks for the pair of SS foggies.

I still havent got them wired up though as Ive got no idea what to do or where to start...