Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL 175KW alloytec diff gear

ha_almajed

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman WL 3.6 V6
hi everyone,

I want a performance diff gear for my WL statesman, does anyone knows where can i find one in AU...
I contacted Difftechnic and they have only for the V8, does it suits? if yes what are the modifications i will need?

Thanks

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
the diff should be the same in the v6/v8. No real mods should be needed, just the standard diff gear change stuff... Also try to find out who makes the diff and then look for gears to suit that type of diff

ha_almajed

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman WL 3.6 V6
thanks,

but some guys here told me that it need some modifications and it's not the same, it is smaller, i'm tried CAPA also, they didnt reply, there is one branded OE gears or somthing, does anyone knows if it is good or not, i found it on ebay

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
I swapped the standard 2.8:1 (or whatever stupid ratio it is) in my Sv6 to 3.08:1 lsd out of an SS.. bolted straight up, no modifying anything, you could also just do the guts of the diff but changing the whole thing is just so much easier. If you need help with how to drop the diff PM me, it's not as hard as it looks/sounds.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you would be better of getting the entire diff from the same model donor car with the ratio your after. from what little i know of the late model diffs holden did infact fit a smaller diff in the V6 models. going from a 2.8:1 to 3.46:1 (V8 SS ratio) will be a good upgrade. what ratio you looking for?

ha_almajed

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman WL 3.6 V6
hi guys, sorry for the late respond,

Sv6 alloytec 190 has simillar diff to the SS, that is what i've heared, and that why there are no problems to change...

I'm looking after 3.9:1 ratio, and also i heared that my diff needs lsd, I spoke to EnhancedAutomative, they have them all for ~ $1500,

If i can change it with no modification that will be just fantastic

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
Diff

So I have found a 3 08 diff on eBay from a vz SS going by what you guys are saying I shoul be able to bolt that straight onto my alloytec????