Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wl caprice or statesman fog lights

Bfjwoodrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wl caprice 5.7
Hey guys, I've got a new 5.7l wl caprice, and I noticed that the fog lights have side bits to them.
Where there is another light, do these lights work or what is their purpose? How do you turn them on etc,
Any information would be awesome

Thanks guys

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
Hey there,

If you mean that you have two lights per casing, as in 4 in total.. then it would be the indicators.
On mine, the fogs are activated via pulling out the headlight switch and the others are done via the indicator as usual.

See attachment below for lights
100_3478.jpg

See attachment below for switch
100_3509.jpg

Last edited:

pau13z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6L
As far as I know they're cornering lights, supposed to help when parking and turning. I think they come on automatically when you've got your parkers on and you're turning a corner, but I'm not sure.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yep, as above

their cornering lights - they'll only turn on when you have parkers or better on and are indicating one way or the other.

Its designed to light up the gutter / road markings that way.

Bfjwoodrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wl caprice 5.7
I keep my headlights and fog lights on full at all times, does this mean they will never come on then? Or only when cornering?

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
they are not "cornering lights" ... Yes they do light up the sides of your front end a little but this is due to their intended purpose.. Fog you need to see further aside of the vehicle and it helps light up the road right in front of your vehicle. And yea the lights need to be set on a set level before they turn on. Normal headlights are meant to give you enough lighting for cornering.. Fog lights are lower to light up the road below the mist / fog on the road... the lower gap area..

--Did you get them working? The stock ones have a better chance of blowing / having the element break.. so just make sure the bulb(s) itself is good as well

Last edited: