Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Caprice Seats into VY Executive?

Joshy-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 3.8
Hey guys
Tried a search but no luck,
I'm trying to find out if wl
Caprice seats will fit into my Vy exec?
I've gotta a feeling the wl is a bit wider then the Vy, but can't find any evidence, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
They'll fit, they'll just bolt in, but unless you run wiring for it, the electric features (electric adjustment, memory, etc) won't work as it would in a Caprice, as the VY Exec only has the wiring for the driver's seat electric adjustment.

Joshy-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 3.8
Thanks for that mate. I'm not to fussed about the electrics working, just thought they might be wider.

Rick Scott 1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
They'll fit, they'll just bolt in, but unless you run wiring for it, the electric features (electric adjustment, memory, etc) won't work as it would in a Caprice, as the VY Exec only has the wiring for the driver's seat electric adjustment.
Mate

my VY SV8 has the electric seats do these seats do more than mine

H

harrop.senator

I cant remember sv8 seats or WL caprice.

But I pulled out the standard WL seats and were same as my wh caprice seats but caprice has memory.

So you've got electric forward and back. Front up/down , rear up/down and then the back rest. There's no adjustable lumbar support and I don't think functions any differently to any height adjustable commodore seat. Is just electric not mechanical for all functions.