Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Caprice vs WM Statesman (HELP!)

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Hi,

I'm buying a daily driver.. problem is I cant decide between getting a WL Caprice or a WM Statesman. I get the WM is 4th gen body design and WL is 3rd gen body design etc but they arent my problem questions.

Both will be V6 and from what I can see they both have similar engines/transmissions etc

I know that the WL Caprice will come with rear dvd entertainment whilst the WM Statesman will not I'm pretty sure both come with front and rear park sensors etc.

My dislikes at this point is the WM Stato has Woodgrain inserts around and it really seems to bother me alot.. Can these be changes with the WM Caprice silver inserts (simple swap etc??)

Apart from the above... what other major differences are there between the two?

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Mmm. Stretch it and go for the WM Caprice. Good value at the moment.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Splash out and get an 8 though, you will find the fuel economy is very similar due to the weight and the 6 gotta use more power to get the barge to move

but I might be slightly bias :)

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Splash out and get an 8 though, you will find the fuel economy is very similar due to the weight and the 6 gotta use more power to get the barge to move

but I might be slightly bias :)

WM v6 really that bad? I had a Calais v6 VE and it seemed fine even though WM is a little heavier is it really that bad? I already have a VE SS getting the WM for long trips and to save fuel vs the SS.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Honestly wont be saving too much fuel going from the SS to a WM, on the open road the 6 will be ever so slightly better than the 8 but in general honestly there isnt much between them.

Driving country I get around 650-700 out of the tank in the statesman no AFM involved....if you want fuel savings find a caprice V and make sure it has AFM, its only good on long runs as in the city AFM isnt worth jack