Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Doors locks itself

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
When ever i Slam the driver door shut, the car sometimes Locks itself automatically, even when in idle it just locks itself when i shut the driver door, any Solution to it? I always Have to keep the window down because of it :(

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Thats is an interesting one, :confused:

Either the Door Lock/Actuator is faulty, possibly its triggering it to lock, as they have small micro switches in the units [being 2005]
Or
the Wiring to the Lock in the Transfer Boot is faulty, [being 2005],

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes. I’d be looking to the door harness. Could be a loose connection, loose pin in a plug. Where the rubber boot is between the door and body, pry that off with a nylon trim tool. Access the harness plug. Unplug it. Remove the door trim. Remove the door harness. Visually inspect it for anything obvious. Check continuity across each wire. Wiggle the harness near the relative plugs while doing a continuity check, especially the chassis end and the door lock end.

Might be a good idea to remove the door handle and give it a clean. The handle has a small micro switch on the back of it. I’d relube all parts with silicone paste. You can buy that from SuperCrap or similar.