Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Rear wheel bearings info needed

kyliedean15

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL V8 statesman, 2013 Ducati Monster 1100evo
Hi All
I was a workshop manual taught gal before it got stolen So have to rely on Google atm & couldn't find what I need so I'm here asking for guidance
I need to do REAR WHEEL BEARINGS in WL V8 statesman
Low traction keeps coming up when driving along & can hear the ABS
I was told to get rear hub assembly rather than to do just the bearings.
But i cant find rear hub assembly anywhere I've searched online. only bearing kits for rear
Are there any other model rear assembly hubs that would be compatible?
If not will I beable to get old bearings out to repress new in or will I have to take to a mechanic & how much roughly would it cost?
Thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I can't see how a wheel bearing is going to trigger a ABS fault? The ABS sensors are mounted on the diff and reads off the out output hub on each side of the diff.

I've not done a rear bearing on one of these but I'm told these suckers are tight and you need a good press to be able to change the bearing.

I believe the rear hub assembly is the same from VR to VZ in design (some offsets change from early to later models), but here is an exploded view of the rear drive assembly.
iu

As you can see, the bearing fits directly into the rear suspension IRS swing arm.
iu

kyliedean15

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL V8 statesman, 2013 Ducati Monster 1100evo
I can't see how a wheel bearing is going to trigger a ABS fault? The ABS sensors are mounted on the diff and reads off the out output hub on each side of the diff.

I've not done a rear bearing on one of these but I'm told these suckers are tight and you need a good press to be able to change the bearing.

I believe the rear hub assembly is the same from VR to VZ in design (some offsets change from early to later models), but here is an exploded view of the rear drive assembly.
iu

As you can see, the bearing fits directly into the rear suspension IRS swing arm.
iu
Oh
Thank you for pix & explaining that bearings & abs both not on wheels