Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wm Caprice

Kingjbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM s2 Caprice 3.6
Hey guys, I've had a look on the forums and can't find any info anywhere, just need some info on headlights. Everywhere I look it says I'm supposed to have hid headlights installed in the car, however my headlights only have the h7 halogen headlight. They are in a projector housing however.

I'm wondering if something is wrong? Also if its possible for me to upgrade to a hid globe and whether it's even worth it.

Update, I have a series 2, 3.6 v6, a 2013 model

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
Is your car a Caprice or Caprice V? I'm pretty sure only the Caprice V had HID headlamps. The Caprice was the renamed Statesman which only had H7 headlight globes in projector fittings. It would be a major job to convert to HID's. Items like the self leveling and washing systems would have to be added as well as the different headlight assemblies.

Kingjbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM s2 Caprice 3.6
Is your car a Caprice or Caprice V? I'm pretty sure only the Caprice V had HID headlamps. The Caprice was the renamed Statesman which only had H7 headlight globes in projector fittings. It would be a major job to convert to HID's. Items like the self leveling and washing systems would have to be added as well as the different headlight assemblies.

Thanks for the reply mate, it is just a caprice so that makes sense. Think I might just go led instead, looking for a better light than the yellow candles I have st the moment

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
From what I've read, LED's don't give a very good light beam when retro fitted to headlights designed for halogen bulbs. It may be better to go with some quality "blue vision" type halogens which project a good bluish white beam. Be cautious if using a higher wattage than the 50W used as standard as over heating can result, causing damage to the fittings.