Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wm cluster trim/fascia fit over ve cluster?

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hi putting a wm dash into my ve berlina. Anyone know if the wm dash cluster fascia - the plastic bit with the sunken gauge facing which sits over the cluster - can just fit over my existing cluster, or do i need a wm cluster? Appears the holes in the plastic fascia are in the same place as the dials on my cluster so should just fit over the top of my cluster with no cluster change required? Cheers

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Unfortunately the WM Statesman / Caprice / Grange cluster is a completely different beast to the VE clusters.

The cluster chassis is different (diferent shape and mounting points, the top mounts sit much further outward when compared to VE clusters)
The cluster main board is different (the fuel and temp guages are in different positions, slightly lower and further outward from memory)
The Fuel and Temp Gauges are raised by about 1cm compared to the tacho and speedo
The Gauge faces are completely different (4 pieces instead of the single piece for VE)
The fuel and temp needles are much longer
The clear plastic lense is a completely different shape as well (the curve is the opposite to VE models)

Here is a pic of a E3 HSV Grange Cluster to give you an idea.
image.php

So this means the following,
You will need to source a WM cluster
You wont be able to swap over the Berlina cluster board to the WM cluster chassis (It wont fit), so you will need to get the WM cluster programmed to work with your car
If you have a series II model with Sat Nav, then you will ideally want to get a Series II WM cluster (Otherwise the Sat Nav cluster display info will be broken, and you wont get posted speed limit information,
and depending on the software version you will need to press the TRIP button to reset the cluster when you get any Speed/Red Light cam alerts).

If you are interested, I have the WM E3 HSV Grange cluster for sale (Its brand new, so the kays and eberything else can be programmed using Tech2)

I hope this helps

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
No worries.

Give me a day or so. I have it safely boxed up in storage, as I originally bought it because of an IQ upgrade (It was surplus stock from a dealer, and I got it for $400.
- Not that I am expecting $400 for it now... (I made a mistake, and its been sitting around for over a year now, doing nothing...

I bought it because I needed a Series II cluster to get the NAV prompts to work 100%
I was hoping to swap the board out with another cluster (So as the cluster chassis and fascia fitted with a non WM dash), but after getting the cluster in I realised that the shape was completely different, and that I would have to fork out for a SWB cluster. (DOH)

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
OK cool I'll wait for your email. I tried PM'ing you but wasn't allowed to. Cheers

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hey mate u gonna email me re this one? Cheers

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hi mate again following up the hsv cluster u have for sale... I cant pm u so only way to contact is via forum. Cheers

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Anyone know how to get in touch with this zerone_v dude? As you can see he said he would contact me re selling his cluster a week or so ago and is now awol. No way to contact him by pm either. I can see from his profile hes logging in daily but not sure if that means he checks posts etc.

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Hey zerone can u get back to me re selling me the hsv cluster pls?

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Who is this ####en prick. Hes posting on other threads and ignoring this one after offering his cluster to me. ####en wanker.