Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wobble noise VY Adventra

A

andos choice

Have owned my car for 15 months. since day 1 have had a wobble sound in car when deaccelerating at speeds of 50-70 kph and 100-115 kph. These sounds turned into a knocking noise in rear end of car. To cut a story short, my car has been in the service department 17 times, is on it's 3rd diff, had at least 5-6 half shaft replacements, complete rear end from donor car put in and still no joy. Took car in for a wheel alignment check and found it was miles out. front left 6.9mm toe out, front right 4.8mm toe in, rear left 6.3mm toe out, rear right 3.6mm toe in. My tyres showed fantastic even wear all round and it has done 48000km's like this. the service centre were informed and they corrected alignment to correct spec's and after 400k's inside of tyres are wearing badly. I believe my car has an alignment problem that causes the wobble sound and that in turn is tranmitted to the differential which then becomes damaged and starts to knock. with the wheel alignment as it was tends to make me believe that my car was set up this way so that the car would run true with a mechanical aligment problem. Also to verify this, when the service centre replaced the whole rear end, my rear end would not fit into the donor car. it was out by 10-15 mm. Has anyone else had these problems and if so how was it fixed as Holden will not replace my car or give me my money back. Car is under warrenty.

R

rattattack1313

Sounds like it has been shunted up the bum,mate...I'd take it back.....rip it fair up them.........threaten with the media, if needed..... :thumbsup: Where abouts are you????

A

andos choice

wobble sound

Thanks Ratattack1313. funny you say it's been hit up the rear. when you look at it from the rear, the left rear wheel sticks out further than the right rear wheel by about 15-20mm. I brought the car brand new (11km's on clock)
and it's never been in an accident, not even hit the curb.
At present i'm warring with Holden NZ. So that will tell you where I'm from.
Jaffa country (Auckland) New Zealand.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

R

rattattack1313

DEFINITELY sounds like something weird, mate....I would be straight down to where I bought it from...grab a few large Maori mates to take with you....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A

andos choice

wobble knock sounds

:realangry Have had the car in again to the service centre. Technicians can hear the sound as plain as day but don't have any idea what it could be. Basically Holden NZ are trying to wash there hands of it and are probably hoping i will go away.
My advice to anyone who has a wobble sound or knocking sound coming from there car, especially VY's(front or back), don't accept that it a characteristic of the car, because it is not. As I have driven 8 Adventra's and only two (including mine) have had the problem. I would have gladly have swapped my car with one of the others if Holden had of allowed it. But there policy is to replace everything in your car and not replace your car or give your money back. however I am not one to lie down and take it up the a---. I will now look at the avenue of the media and the consumers institue to sort out my problem.

R

rattattack1313

I spoke to 2 different Holden dealers in Brisbane yesterday..they both said, if the car was presented to them they would sort it immediately, just to get it off the books & back on the road safely..............I would just keep either ringing them, or going down there all the time.....make your presence felt..........

A

andos choice

Hi all,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Well the saga so far. Holden NZ have replaced engine mounts, torque convertor, gear box. Have made some difference to the vibration in the car but still have wobble sound. Aussie engineer suggested they look at the air conditioning mounts and then the exhaust system. Air con. mounts ok. Exhaust system which is attached to the gear box was found to have had a heap of tension on it. After some adjustments, the sound slightly abated but still there. I have sent a letter to holden NZ telling them i have had enough and will progress through my lawyers and other avenues if they do not come up with a fix or replace my vehicle. Stay tuned for the result.

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
good luck wiht it buddy.. Holden should be swapping cars imo!! i hope this eventuates for you! sht like this just psses me right off.. :\

A

andos choice

Happy New Year...
well since i sent my letter to Holden they have run away from the problem. they sent me a letter saying that they will not look into the problem with my car anymore and that now they believe the problem is just operational noise inherent in the car. Wish they had of told me that when i first heard it at 800km on the clock. i would have sold it there and then and may have lossed a few thousand, but now after they have continually told me they could fix it and that i have done 53000km's during that time in between their 19 attempts to fix it, i will be lucky to get half my purchase price back for the car. So hence, I will be going to the lawyers and to any other avenues that are open to me. I feel Holden are just complete F.... stay tuned.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
thats the prob with holden, every dealer is different, we never usually buy from out closest holden dealer cos they r rip offs and never service right..but on hols one time in mildura we went to holden and saw our adventra it was cheap as and we said if they give good trade on the VX we'd hav it, well we've had it for over a year now, and not bragging or anything, we have never really had any probs with it, goes great, spose it paid to travel 6 hours and check out holden...