Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wont crank!!

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
ok heres my problem i bought a reco blue 202 for my vh and i got everything connected iv checked it lyk 20 million times and i bought a new heavy duty battery and it wont turn the starter kicks but it dosent wont to turn theres oil in it. 80% of the parts on it are brand new it did turn once but didnt wanna keep turning (basicly the motor isnt turning at all nothing moves just the starter motor making a klunk when u first turn the key to the *ON* position)

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
ill try it tomorro when i have some more time

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
ok i got it cranking and almost fired im pretty sure the firing order is rite 153264 or something its on the intake and in my book anyways i think it wont firer because of the vac lines dose anyone know where the one from the dizzy goes or evan if they know the layout where they all go would relli help

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
one from the dissy is the vacumm advance you can leave it disconnected for now it wont stop it starting. usually i think its connected to the inlet manifold at the back behind the carbie

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
one from the dissy is the vacumm advance you can leave it disconnected for now it wont stop it starting. usually i think its connected to the inlet manifold at the back behind the carbie

thanks mate

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
hey everyone i finally got it up and running juns abit high and its sucking air lyk theres no tomorro iv gotta get the vac lines done then it should run alot smoother

molnar1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8
Hey there have you tryed using a screwdriver on the pos and neg of the starter make sure ignition is on

molnar1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8
If that dosnt work put a socket on your harmonic balancer and try and turn manually make sure outta gear dse it turn?