Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

won't start after removing alarm

5Lvrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 sv6 auto I miss my SS
I removed the alarm from my vl-disconnected the battery to start with and it spat the dummy when i reconnected it so i completely removed the alarm control box bla bla. Now when i turn the key the fuel pump goes as normal, but when i try to start it clicks at the starter motor and then everything goes dead, interior light everything. Tried changing the efi relay with the fuel pump relay and when tried to start it turned over for 2 tries then back to click and dead. Any ideas what could be tripping the relay? :bang: Ps. there are no wires from the alarm connected anymore and ive reconnected the only wires that were cut-two on the steering column, power i assume. :hit:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
sounds like a short or a flat battery, or a short causing a flat battery.
why remove the alarm?

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
Did you just cut the wires or did you join the ignition wires back up. What usually happens is they cut the ignition wires and run it in a closed circuit through the alarm and when you arm the alarm, it opens this circuit inside the box. When you remove an alarm you always have to solder the two fat wires back together. Theyre 4-6mm, twice the size of the other wires.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
OR (as you jogged my memory) there might be another relay, not in the alarm module but operated by it, which also completes the circuit. pull the covers off the steering column and see what else is in there... or isnt in there!

5Lvrss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 sv6 auto I miss my SS
all good now

was the big wires on the steering column. had them twisted together to test, but it had solder flux and crap on it so there was dodgy connection, cut to new wire and all good.