Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wont start--- electrical???

markee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
VS wagon V6
Fuel pump has been noisy for years, yesterday wouldn't start, road service hit back of car with mallet & it started!!!! I replaced fuel pump.
Ran ok last night, now stopped for petrol then wouldn't start, left for a while then started but cut out 5 minutes later while driving. started after a minute & got it home. Won't start
When not starting can't hear the priming noise under bonnet. Turn off key & try again a few times then hear the priming noise.
Could it be a key issue?????

markee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
VS wagon V6
Fuel pump has been noisy for years, yesterday wouldn't start, road service hit back of car with mallet & it started!!!! I replaced fuel pump.
Ran ok last night, now stopped for petrol then wouldn't start, left for a while then started but cut out 5 minutes later while driving. started after a minute & got it home. Won't start
When not starting can't hear the priming noise under bonnet. Turn off key & try again a few times then hear the priming noise.
Could it be a key issue?????

Just started & ran ok. started it twice ok!?!?!!

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
When not starting can't hear the priming noise under bonnet.?

You can try and replace anything you like you still won't hear the pump prime under the bonnet lol

Haha sorry I am trying to help, I remember reading s thread with almost identical symptoms turned out one of the connections to the connector was really poor and when he replaced the pump he didn't notice the shitty connector tried so many things, only to find it was that weeks later..... That would be the first place I'd start

Jaydub

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute V6 / Toyota Kluger Grande
If the motor is winding over but not starting I wouldn't think that the key is the problem.
Checked for fault codes ?????