Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Won't start only at the servo

Migga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey I have an 06 omega ve alloytec which after I get fuel it starts then dies immediately, then after trying again the starter motor goes for about 10 seconds and eventually it fires up slowly and runs rough and splutters for about 10 seconds then it's all good. It starts fine every other time except for when I fill up. It doesn't mater if I put in $5 or a full tank. And When it does the spluttering thing there's also a weird gulping sound like when you quickly try to empty a bottle of water??!
Any ideas?

Migga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Doesn't matter which fuel I use. Does it with all. I don't use seven eleven as that gives me the added bonus of an check engine light!!

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Sounds like the tanks breather is blocked perhaps?
Does it do it if you leave the cap off the tank after you fill it and try to start it?

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Very strange...only thing i can think is as above?

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I have a 2006 WM V6, and I've had the same thing happen on a couple of occasions. Not always while I was filling up though. One was in the middle of nowhere where I stopped to buy a cup of coffee. On autostart, the car spluttered, but would not start. It also did it when I stopped next to fill up, ie it did it with a full tank of cold fuel. It was a very hot day, and the fuel level was low the first time it did it. I thought it must have been temperature related, but it did it again the other day, when it wasn't really hot. No faults, no error codes, and ran fine once it started. I've found that if you pump the accelerator while cranking it, it starts, runs rough for a short while, then runs fine.
Hope this helps.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Evap solenoid not working, tank building pressure and helping the possibly rooted fuel pump along? Or maybe you have so much sludge whenever you fill the tank it agitates it? Or the fuel pump intake has something wrong with it? Be sure to let us know the solution mate.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
this can happen when the purge solinoid for the carbon canister dies and isnt sealed when the ecu is not commanding it to open.you fill up and goto start the car and it takes a gulp of raw fuel out the vapour line from the real full tank putting the vapour line under the fuel level

Migga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey guys, great advice! I Haven't figured out what it is just yet. As I only fill up every two weeks I can kind of ignore it for now. Although it happened yesterday after I started it up after it had been sitting warm for about half an hour........

Last edited:

300kplusvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ alloytec commodore
I have the exact same problem with my 06 VZ, everytime I fill her up she won't idle, the only way to get her running properly is to put my boot into it when I start it to get the rev's up and then after that she's fine until the next fill.
So if you can make any sense of this please let me know, I be very interested.
Cheers.