Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wooden i3 home entertainment centre.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The other thing to consider is efficiency to. I would dare say that power supply would be hugely inefficient.

Probably out of budget a little but. 450W Gold rated efficiency. Small form factor. Sleeved cables to make it a bit tidier and easier to route also.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=342

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The other thing to consider is efficiency to. I would dare say that power supply would be hugely inefficient.

Lol I didnt mention that .. 68% but hey its cheap and budget is also a concern here.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Something like this could be an option too.. I think I have a suitable 12V power supply around somewhere :) This would remove the power supply to a laptop style external.. help with cooling and allow me to shrink the box even more..

It would be worth having a couple cable adapters in there for that. The pictured cables plug into a single socket on the upper side of the circuit board. The circuit board plugs into the ATX connector and draws its power from a (not supplied) 12V 200W power source via a plug on the end of the black cable. I dont think anything would be further than a few inches from the ATX connector anyway, it should be very compact. Just an idea mind you, I will look further. This one is a chinese special from fleabay but there must be a local version. They claim 92% efficiency for the convertor, but it is chinese lol

590758846_o.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Search for pico psu, I have one with 12v inputs and 240v. Good little suckers they are, and they mount upright to.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Search for pico psu, I have one with 12v inputs and 240v. Good little suckers they are, and they mount upright to.

Been looking at this one. I can run a molex-2x sata adapter straight from the extra molex on its circuit board, leaving the supplied sata plug for a burner, and a molex for any other crap I decide to add.

picoPSU-160-XT

Only looking at $50 each for the convertor and the power brick, seems reasonable to me.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yeap that's the one, awesome bit of kit

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
if its a cabinet set up.
would you just leave the rear part completely open (assuming its against a wall)
or put some sort of mesh/drill a nice grid of holes.

it depends on what you exactly want in the end (for the case)

to be honest. the building of the case is the easy bit.
when you get some measurements chuck them up. im more then willing to do a quick sketch up of a design for you.
and post up a pic of the other piece of furniture if possible. so as to try to match it. (ie the styling, joinery)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The 12v one is for use in carpc's so its perfect. The 240v one I hooked up to a plug for home use

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Love the idea Dax, I've been toying with something similar as a media centre PC for my TV unit.