Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Working Holiday

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I finish my apprenticeship in a years time and am looking at maybe heading overseas for a year. I'm over working in a factory and want a change for a while. Was thinking maybe Canada, London or the US. Maybe even a European country.

I'm 20 and I have no commitments. I've seen a bit of Europe and London before and loved places like Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I've heard working holidays are ALOT of working and **** all holiday?

Has anyone done this or is there anyone who has any advice?

cheers

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i'd say get a proper job and stay for a while, rather than trying to move from place-to-place and picking up casual work (dishpig etc), for which you will be poorly paid and treated.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
it's not hard getting a jos pulling beer in a pub in london.
they must think we are gifted or something.

or maybe a working holiday around oz.

recesion my prove otherwise

Struma

Urge Surfer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Executive Ute

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
check out canada mate.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Yeah I was in London as it was turning to **** had a few mates struggling there. As much as I loved London not sure if I would want to live there. I would love it if I could find a decent job in Europe somewhere. Just to experience a different culture for a while.

But I want to learn how to snowboard so Canada sounds very appealing. Have a mate there now and he loves it.

I would love it if I could find a job like say a welder somewhere doing odd welding jobs. That would be ideal for me. But highly unlikely. Sperm donor sounds good haha.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Bump.

Just found out I am no longer required after my app finishes in jan next year. I have locked in a job in the Barossa at a winery doing a vintage for a few months from Feb. Then I have decided that I will rent my house out and move over to london.

Just seing if anyone has worked there or are there now and could give me any advice? Are VISA'a still easy to obtain.

A couple of guys at work have previously found welding/fitting jobs there.

thanks