Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

working out a network connection

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
hey all, i have wireless net, so its a USB key- to get onto xbox live, i have the net on the leptop- then set up a network connection to the 360 to share the net to the consol.

Its worked great for 6 months, now theres just NO communication what so ever, the network is gone.

it mentions something about 'cant find the static IP', i've tried automatic, AND manual settings to the IP, and DNS addresses, which was what i did the first time, which worked.

anyone got a step by step guide on how to do it- the one i found was to make a 'network bridge' which didnt work at all. Then i looked for the DNS address in the connection settings, wrote them down- put them in the network settings of the consol, but that didnt work either.... i'm completely stumped

(oh i've tried power cycling too)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
hey all, i have wireless net, so its a USB key- to get onto xbox live, i have the net on the leptop- then set up a network connection to the 360 to share the net to the consol.

Its worked great for 6 months, now theres just NO communication what so ever, the network is gone.

it mentions something about 'cant find the static IP', i've tried automatic, AND manual settings to the IP, and DNS addresses, which was what i did the first time, which worked.

anyone got a step by step guide on how to do it- the one i found was to make a 'network bridge' which didnt work at all. Then i looked for the DNS address in the connection settings, wrote them down- put them in the network settings of the consol, but that didnt work either.... i'm completely stumped

(oh i've tried power cycling too)

I think what your trying to acheive is called ICS (internet Connection Sharing).

Read this tech article it should help you

How to configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP

Cheers