Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

World Record Speeding Fine

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Instead about whinging that you got a massive fine because you did something wrong and cant afford it. How about work harder or get a second job and just suck it up.

Or even easier, don't do anything wrong!!!

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
Or even easier, don't do anything wrong!!!

sometimes you can do your best but you still get caught out. Im sure even you minux have got a fine. But im sure like alot of people you just go **** i made a mistake and pay the fine and dont expect any special privilages.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
sometimes you can do your best but you still get caught out. Im sure even you minux have got a fine. But im sure like alot of people you just go **** i made a mistake and pay the fine and dont expect any special privilages.

Oh, I have had fines, only just got one the other day. Going to challenge it though, apparently the camera was ain a 60 zone, where it says it got me is a 70 zone, no 60 zone for 2km either side. Irrelevant I know :p

But your right, I paid them and moved on.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I think what some people are trying to get across is if someone who earns $40 000 a year gets a $300 speeding fine it hurts the hip pocket and you don't do it again. But a person who earns $1 000 000 gets a $300 fine couldn't care less, they pay the fine and don't learn their lesson. It sounds like a good idea in theory but like it's been pointed out there are plenty of people out there who cheat the system, some in more creative ways than others. The problem with the way the Swiss do it is the amount of the fine is decided by what your income was on your last tax return was, so just because you earned a million last year you would get a massive fine even though this year you could be on the dole. Plus how many people out there are asset rich but cash poor?

Minux murder is a hell of a lot more serious than a speeding fine so not the best comparison. Anyway you've only got to look at the legal system and see how many rich pricks get away with crimes because they can afford the top lawyers while average Joe gets an over worked underpaid lawyer and goes to jail.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think what some people are trying to get across is if someone who earns $40 000 a year gets a $300 speeding fine it hurts the hip pocket and you don't do it again. But a person who earns $1 000 000 gets a $300 fine couldn't care less, they pay the fine and don't learn their lesson. It sounds like a good idea in theory but like it's been pointed out there are plenty of people out there who cheat the system, some in more creative ways than others. The problem with the way the Swiss do it is the amount of the fine is decided by what your income was on your last tax return was, so just because you earned a million last year you would get a massive fine even though this year you could be on the dole. Plus how many people out there are asset rich but cash poor?

What a crock. Look at impounded cars as an example, thye certainly arent driven by a myriad of rich folk who do not learn a lesson. Fact is, the lower end of the income scale are the ones who get the most fines. Hoon laws werent bought in to stop millionare euro racers, they come in to stop the problem of tossers in commodores driving like lunatics wiping themselves and other people out.

The current system is fair to everyone, everyone receives the same punishment for the same crime. What I would prefer to see is a graduated system that punishes people more harshly after a 1st, 2nd, 3rd offence etc.

Minux murder is a hell of a lot more serious than a speeding fine so not the best comparison. Anyway you've only got to look at the legal system and see how many rich pricks get away with crimes because they can afford the top lawyers while average Joe gets an over worked underpaid lawyer and goes to jail.

lol, i love how people say "get away with crimes". They did not get away with it, they put their case forward and juries and judges decide on the outcome. Sure, if you have more cash you get a better service, but that is the case with EVERYTHING.

Perhaps average joe should of made better life choices to afford to pay for his criminal activity to NOT go to jail? That would be too bloody logical though.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
True- I wasnt saying I agreed with the idea. I like the idea of a graduated system. Sort of goes along the lines of the hoon laws.

Of course it isn't the case with all court cases. I was pointing out that a person who can afford a better lawyer has a better chance of a lesser punishment (not always the case of course) As for whole legal system don't get me started.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I am starting to see many flaws with that system. If you have heaps of kids and earn a bit it will be unfair, if you have shitloads in assets but no cash it will be unfair, The bottom end of the scale wouldn't change with our law system so it will still be unfair to the poor.

Looks like a pretty crap system now. The only way you could be safe is not to do anything wrong, or get a good lawyer.

ozz

Reaction score
penalising people for working harder.

cracker

Reaction score
when i got done for speeding 3 or so years ago, the fine was my weekly wage, being an apprentice sucks when your whole wages goes in to a fine.
im all for it, everytime i get fined its a real kick in the balls, if i was earning a decent wage it would be more realistic but its just not

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
when i got done for speeding 3 or so years ago, the fine was my weekly wage, being an apprentice sucks when your whole wages goes in to a fine.
im all for it, everytime i get fined its a real kick in the balls, if i was earning a decent wage it would be more realistic but its just not

So stop speeding?