Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worse day for my vt yesterday solved and worked out alot of problems

D

devilly

so i decided i have all the new parts to overhaul the injectors,took the injectors out, and was trying to work out the best way with no special tool to remove the filters,bingo worked it out got a large screw put it vice got injector screwed it on the wiggle it left to right and pulling at same time awesome, pop off came the filter,

by the time i got to the second on i noticed the screw was starting to break in half ,so took it out put another screw in went through about 10 screws and finished the job:) then put it all back together,

started the car vacuum gauge at 20 on idles went for a drive and every time i accelerated it would lack power ,vacuum gauge would go from 25 and would drop to 10 and like a bunny hop but just the noises of it. im thinking vacuum in petrol line something not right got to a automotive shop and 2 workers agreed vacuum leak.so a worker said if you spray with rp7 it will show the leak,

i let him go for it.i was so busy working on my car i didn't realize that he had sprayed rp7 down my exhaust pipe,
until i fixed the problem which was the back vacuum hose from plenum to fuel pressure regulator hose replaced, and the worst one was the hose under the throttle body that goes a big long line sitting on plenum.

all good fixed from loss of vacuum ,it started driving home.oh bugger rear window looked like fog white smoke everywhere,pulled over stopped car,then cop just went sailing past me.lady of luck with me phew :)

so i had to sit there on idles for 15mins watching white smoke stream out my exhaust, awesome it cleared up.:) then started driving fans turned on but car was only on 65c temp, then engine light and all sorts going on.thinking oh bugger i reckon he sprayed the sensors had to clean them all up.

car all good now lessons learnt don't let anyone touch my car ,and don't wasted money on stainless steel zippy ties unless you know to buy the special tool to tighten them.

Last edited by a moderator:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ahhhhhhhhhhh

Wall of text

TLDR, you'll be fine.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I can't read it.

Use caps as appropriate, and space your sentences.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
is this any better ??
Unauthorized Autobiography
Day in the life of Devilly and commodore

decided to overhaul the injectors,took the injectors out,

no special tool to remove the filters

got a large screw put it vice got injector, screwed it on the wiggle it left to right and pulling at same time ..off came the filter,

went through about 10 screws and finished the job then put it all back together,

started the car
vacuum gauge at 20 on idles went for a drive and every time i accelerated it would lack power ,

vacuum gauge would go from 25 and would drop to 10 and like a bunny hop
got to a automotive shop and 2 workers agreed vacuum leak.so a worker said if you spray with rp7 it will show the leak,

I let him go for it.i was so busy working on my car i didn't realize that he had sprayed rp7 down my exhaust pipe,
until i fixed the problem which was

the back vacuum hose from plenum to fuel pressure regulator hose replaced,

and the worst one was the hose under the throttle body that goes a big long line sitting on plenum.

all good fixed from loss of vacuum
,it started driving home.

oh bugger rear window looked like fog white smoke everywhere,pulled over stopped car,
then cop just went sailing past me.lady of luck with me phew

so i had to sit there on idles for 15mins watching white smoke stream out my exhaust, awesome it cleared up.

then started driving fans turned on but car was only on 65c temp, then engine light and all sorts going on.thinking

oh bugger i reckon he sprayed the sensors had to clean them all up.

car all good now lessons learnt

don't let anyone touch my car ,

and don't wasted money on stainless steel zippy ties unless you know to buy the special tool to tighten them.

Last edited:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Degreaser or carby cleaner works best to give a quick squirt around the manifold to look for vac leaks (obviously not on a 40 degree day or after racing it down the track, enough to seal the leak and let it evaporated) worst case is it cleans the engine a bit.

D

devilly

very annoyed at the moment.got the car starting first go happy about that,had to use screwdriver to lift injectors and put clips on properly.
found a vacuum leak at the iac rubber with it turning into goo, only 6mnths old,replaced with new oring.
found another leak where the exhaust hose goes up to the plenum.put high temp gasket goo on it will see if any difference today.

starts sounding very nice for 5 secs, then engine vibrates and the vibration it goes right up to my door, making some very weird noises and it goes from 20 on vacuum and drops down to 15,then jumps around 17,20,15 area.
while on idles put it in drive or reverse and picking up a weird sound all of a sudden.sounds like a buzzing noise take it out of gear and noise gone.
any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

D

devilly

okay been working flat out on this, at the moment it feels like its bouncing slightly up and down and has a weird noise in drive and reverse .when on idles it vibrates so much if you open the bleeder screw on top of thermostat it will vibrate and close it self.starting to think engine mounts,or thermostat gone ,how can you test them by yourself ??

going to check if any error codes are logged

no error codes with bridging 5-6 just keep getting 1 2, 1 2 etc

D

devilly

okay researched it,its all to do with the pins that go through the engine mount they ain't allowed to touch the k-frame,checked mine passenger side all good,drives side is touching,well time to get it out and replace it :)

all i can say is WOW !!!!!so up to getting third nut off,and it just came off like a washer um its a size 18 when the other 2 are 15.think i found part of the problem.well ill keep on going, wonder what i'll find next.

D

devilly

well that was one tough mental and physical work out,8hrs later all back together.tips for any one doing this job,
the top plate slides heaps to the left and right so you can line it up to engine mount.
i put engine mount in first allowed it to drop in towards engine and then slide in top bracket then line up.then put on the nuts and bolts.
had trouble with 3/4 nut, had to remove the steering pump box. and use a ring spanner to undo the bolt in the worse place under the metal pipe lines.
before doing the job i also killed all the lights in shed,and had a good look around for any blue spark's from leads and coil.