Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worst Driving State In Australia

Worest Drving State

• Total voters

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
Has to be NSW for sure. But VIC is also close behind. In vic for crying out allowed you can drive in the middle of two lanes while overtaking a tram, and having people park in lanes. And what the hell is a Hook turn at an intersection? What the?

But NSW has most recorded acco's especially SYD area.

rofl @ "pizza"'s hook turn sketch

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Well i was up in NSW on wednesday..... and got to say, the amount of gay cars on the road is unbelievable. Millions of homo kitted up little mirages and lancers and i even saw a done up suzuki and a 121.... bit bright colors and huge kits with massive exhausts.....
Sooooo lame, and saw many bad drivers on the road too lol

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
having never driven in every state in australia, i cant make a full judgement so i will just comment and vote on the ones i have

ACT: cant drive in suburban traffic, they are always in a rush (which is pointless because it takes you 30 minutes to get from one side to the other in normal conditions and only takes 5 minutes longer in peak hour). they dont understand proper road etiquitte at form one lanes (one left, one right and so on). they are good on highways though, maybe because we dont have any around here and they are too scared to go fast on open roads. canberra drivers seem to be in a daze most of the time.

NSW (sydney): like canberrans, they are always in a rush but because everyone one is used to it it seems to 'work'. they tailgate on major roads. they usually seem alert to what is going on.

QLD (brisbane): good drivers around town/city but terrible on the motorways. tailgate, speed and cut lanes all the time. around town, redlights are just a suggestion

so from my experience i will vote ACT because ther are arse holes and dont know WTF is going on half the time.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
did you notice while you were up in brisbane how slow many people go on the highway? particularly while 'overtaking'

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
yep its good fun driving to work up here :thumbsup:

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
A poll on the worst city would be worthwhile..drivers in Sydney have the best in your face attidude i've come across......So, some tailgaters get the "ol'e stomp hard on me brakes" response....effing funny, and thier in the wrong if they give you a rear ender...norty norty...lol

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I live in Victoria but nearly every person I know that has writen off a car is from South Australia mostly from the Narracourt/Penola area. I'm pretty sure the records would show that have the biggest crashes per person in the country and most of the time they would be ****ed too :). It's true that there is a race culture on Victorian roads where people speed up before speed signs/overtaking lanes to get the unfair jump on you to pass. I'd go mad if I didn't have the VP which is able to put most cars back in their place even if they get the jump on me:p

Our problem is we have no drag strip in Adelaide :p If ya could do it legally it would get alot of the guys doing it on the streets into the proper, legal environment. Instead they've got Anzac Highway.

grinfked_limo

Doomsday Rock 'N' Roll
Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Caprice
Ive only divin in VIC and NSW so ill have to go with VIC coz I found there were more tools on the roads here, and im gunna throw in my worst car to share the road with and thats gotta be ANY subaru they are well designed car buts apprently no one who buys one can drive or they think coz there car is so well designed that there **** dont stink and they dont have to share the road with any one :bang: well thats my little rant lol

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
ive driven in pretty much all states apart from NT and by all means west australians are the worst!

They cant merge, go under the speed limit and dont know how to use roundabouts!!!!

It is only noticeable to me as i have come from living in Qld where everyone goes the speed limit if not faster but i will admit people in qld cant merge onto the M1 for ****! lol