Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worth buying a l67 commodore in 2017?? engine lifespan??

Holdenv6Hsvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
looking: Ecotec/l67
I don't know much about Victorian road rules but I would assume if you end up getting your exemption, the second you start modifying the car ie: exhaust system, CAI etc the Police and Vic Roads would be looking at your exemption very closely and possibly revoke it. All the money you would have spent would be for nothing. Plus the added bonus of not being able to drive the car again until you are on your opens.
Yeah I've decided to give the supersix a bit of miss because I want a ute as I will end up needing it for work so there goes that out the window.
And regarding mods on the l67 I don't see why that would be a problem when a lot of people put exhausts/Cai's and even cams, diff gears, rockers etc on there p's not specifically supercharged cars but N/A.

Exhausts and Cai I think are ignored a lot of the time unless your car is too loud or your pod is flopping around in the bay and there not going to rip the rocker covers or diff hat to check out what you have done. And even if you have a big cam with a aggressive note I'm convinced that would even be in the too hard basket for them. Unless they can make easy money out of giving you a quick fine they don't give a ****

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
As I've said 1000 times. Its not the cops you need to worry about, its whether insurance will cover you in the event of an accident.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
You have to run 95 octane in the supercharged V6 or it just becomes as powerful as a normal V6 and uses a lot more fuel running on 91.
A lot of dicks only run 91 in their new Turbo Falcons that I have talked to and I pointed out to run 95 or 98 but they never listened and kept using only 91.

I asked the Holden dealer if I could get a new VS V6 supercharged option at the time and he went mental about it, no one would want such a thing and that I was the first to ask such a stupid question, well I thought that the added torque would help and I was just thinking of the point of going down from the V8 to the V6.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
get a ute do the diff gears and exhaust it will give you nice acceleration for a bit of fun and still be legal.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Put one in my brothers VX sedan with a just a 10psi pulley and std single exhaust, goes better then my STD LS1 V8 one tonner and uses less fuel. NSW they are under the power to weight limit so P plater safe.

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
Used to own a VX S Super 6.....added A2A intercooler, machined snout to run a smaller pulley wheel, exhaust, tune...everything else stock. Ran a best of 13.01 @ around 110mph ..... next up was a diff change...but ended up selling the car. This was back in 2006. Even got it featured in Street Commodores Magazine......

They are a great motor...and that supercharge whine....even the wife loved it. Still tame enough for my 60yr mum to drive it to the shops haha