Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worth it or not

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
$1000-$1500 is ok as long as the work needed isn't huge. If your just looking for run around go for it.

Just check everything water oil fuel will be stale if its got any? a/c might not work rotors rusted she be as tight as a fish's rear will need some tlc. I bought my car smashed and honestly wouldn't know how long it sat around for. My old VP sat for 3/4 of a year before i bought it, needed injectors fuel filter throttle body o2 sensors radiator brake pads trans service exhaust parts were rusted in total just over $1000 but it ran like a dream with much of that work done.

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
Ohk I have spoken to a friend that is good with cars and he mentioned the duel pressure regulator are they hard to change?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We have a licensed and running series 2 VT V6 sedan here, average condition, 230ks for $2500.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
$1000 max. Not going and no registration means you will need a flat tow or permit to drive a vehicle like that with no registration, and who know what it might need for RWC? Plus anything else. Sorry to be doom and gloom.

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
just got off the phone to the owner, goin to look at it on tuesday arvo, he said there is fuel in it and i can try to start it, it will run but as soon as u go near the throttle or if it idles to long it just stalls, could it just be clogged inline fuel filer or clogged filter on the petrol pump itself?
he said he would be very lucky to get 1000, (he is a realistic type of guy) so i am thinking 700 cash he might let it go for.

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
sooo, went round and tried to jump start it, it turns over good but didn't fire, we disconnected the fuel line at the rail, no fuel, so the owner is goin to go buy a new inline filter, pump and battery for it, putting them in on saturday, hopefully then it will run. If it will run there isn't much else wrong with it except the paint work.

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soo turned out the fuel gauge sender unit was stuck, tank was dry, installed a new pump just incase new inline filter stuck 20liters fuel in it, turned the key it turned over 2 or 3 times and fired, runs fine. Bad thing is the aircon is low on gas hopefully a dry seal from sitting so long. Went for a quick drive everything works fine, offered him 750 he said 800 delivered so I took it.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you say paint is peeling, where ????

he's a tip for everyone if the clearcoat is failing on the bonnet then it probably had a major engine overheating it's the number 1 cause of paint failure on the bonnet

little bit on drivers door, spoiler, right hand side wheel guard. altho looks to only be the clear coating

as i said and we all seen bonnets with peeling paint thats what causes it

otherwise looks like a bargain if the K's are legit

Paint peeling is caused by sun and/or poor quality paint/workmanship. Engine heat doesnt fade boots, roofs or spoilers either, and yet they all fade or peel - its very common in a car of that era.

Ignore that little 'tip'.

For 800 bucks you have done ok, provided it passes inspection without too many surprises. Let us know what it finishes up needing for rego !!!