Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worth it or not?

xmasterVSx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS commodore
I've done all the basics in the past 2-4months champ and ill give the temp sensor a go. I just don't want to be giving up the car when deep down this problem can be resolved

xmasterVSx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS commodore
Will do.. Ill keep you guys updated with it. My brother inlaw thinks its the injectors because my last gear is pretty bad and I fill up the car when the low fuel light comes on... ill do what you guys advised the mechanic had the attitude from the second I took the car in that its old before he even looked at it so yeah... The amount of kms on the clock shouldn't be a huge factor as I drive it like an asian 90% and occasionally blow the cobwebs out of it.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
BTW. valve seals are easy to do. Look it up on Yuotube.

Here is a basic rundown.

Romove rocker covers, plugs and rockers.

Make a fitting to screw into the sparkplug hole in the head with air compressor fitting.

Make sure key is off or disconnect battery. Fill a cylinder with compressed air. Remove valve spring retainers and springs, replace seal.

reverse to re assemble :)

They are a few pit falls and traps for the keen and green so look up how to do it, but find a really thorough guide

xmasterVSx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS commodore
Cheers Johan ill do all that this weekend maybe not the seals if the problem is still accruing then ill do it .

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Cheers Johan ill do all that this weekend maybe not the seals if the problem is still accruing then ill do it .

Well to be honest if that much air is getting past your valve stem to affect the way your car runs you need to bin you engine.