Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

would somebody be able to tell me how much my car is worth

joeysasickciant

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0l
my dads given me his 85vk calais its an original 5l v8 with original leather interior and has a two tone silver and white exterior, i don't know much about calais or commodores for that matter and i was just wondering roughly what these are worth it has about 100,000 ks . i dont know whether to sell the car for something new or keep it , cheers

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
id keep it, if its in good condition and is all original itll be worth a lot more in a few years if you keep it nice

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Really need some pics of condition to be able to tell (exterior, interior and engine bay etc)

If its been garaged most of its life, it'll be worth abit, but keep in mind those old 5Ls only have a select following, most people would rather VN or later for EFI.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Redbook

100,000kms would be quite low for that year, and leather may be a sought after option - this all adds value if you find the right buyer.

It's important to understand that the value of used cars totally depends on what the market is willing to pay, and has little to do with the original price of the car. If you find the right buyer, you might get $5,000 for your car. If you took it to a dealer as a trade-in, you'd be lucky to get $1,000.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Redbook

100,000kms would be quite low for that year, and leather may be a sought after option - this all adds value if you find the right buyer.

It's important to understand that the value of used cars totally depends on what the market is willing to pay, and has little to do with the original price of the car. If you find the right buyer, you might get $5,000 for your car. If you took it to a dealer as a trade-in, you'd be lucky to get $1,000.
Its also worth mentioning redbook is about as accurate on used car prices as car dealers are honest.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Its also worth mentioning redbook is about as accurate on used car prices as car dealers are honest.

Well, yes and there is that :p

Sadly Glass prices you have to pay for though!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, yes and there is that :p

Sadly Glass prices you have to pay for though!

That link says it all really, even a thrashed VK Calais is worth more than 3k if its a 5L.

OP, what colour interior has it got? Is it the standard greeny/blue type, or does it have the maroon style. If its the maroon, it'll be worth ALOT more.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Post up some pictures mate and you might get a clearer idea of how much it is worth. However, as said before, value has nothing to do with original price of car, it's about how much the market is willing to pay for a car.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
its worth $500, ill be around in the morning to pick it up. lol

being serious now i'd listen to the other guys, hold onto it for a little more, dont run up the K's.

got any pics?