Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you buy a SS 04 VY with OVER 300,000km...?

SS60NV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
One owner (family) He's 47 years old.. Its been driven 5 days a week and puts nearly 150ks a day.

-Full log book with service history up to date.
-NO mods what so ever.
-Everything works on the car & He's never done a burnout in it.. (poor car) waste of a v8

I just can't believe this when I asked him, He said nothing has been changed besides 4 brake rotors 10months ago and that he gets it serviced every 10,000km (His boss pays for the service and the for petrol each month & he gets the car for free anyway, His boss covers everything)

I asked about the Shocks, Clutch, Radiator, Head gasket, Water pump.... Anything?? & he said NO lol

It still drives like a new car & its well looked after (Hes a clean freak) I'm shocked it has over 330,000km with the original clutch wtf!!!

Should I buy it or let it slide???

He told me to give him 7k to cover for a new SPA that he wants at home and I can have the SS & that I have a month to think about it... Because he picks up his new Mazda turbo diesel next month when he gets back from holidays.

What would you do??

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
i wouldnt buy it . id give him 5grand and even thats too much .

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Yeah 7 is a bit much. Closer to 5 would be better.
Don't let the km's scare you tho. Our VY L67 has 315,000km on it. It still pulls strong for an old car.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I would buy it, but not for $7k.

Milage has never been an issue for me, cars will last the long run provided they are properly maintained, once they get older and you start letting things go is when you are asking for trouble.

Most of my cars have been around 500,000km by the the time I have moved them on (I do a lot of highway driving), and all have driven much better than half the commodores out there with 200,000 on them.

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
200,000 miles the engine is just starting to warm up the big thing with today's cars they need a good service history

I have seen 6 cyl taxis hit 600 pluss ks and they are good cars engine wise because of the service history

Go to car auctions and you will see two cars same make and similar millage one has service history and other has none and it is amazing how much less they get for the car with no service history

I bought a BA Ford fairmont 2004 it was a country shire car at 160k great car mate has same model and it is a city car with 90 k it is crap

get it checked out by a professional and make a offer RACQ price for that car is $9 to $10 k so less than that

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
-Everything works on the car & He's never done a burnout in it.. (poor car) waste of a v8

Doesnt really matter how many k's. Sounds like you're going to give it a flogging anyway.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
280, 000 km on my '02 ecotoec. Nothing wrong with it cos worn out bits were replaced and they're mostly all country Kays. Wouldn't mind an SS myself . As above try it for $5 thou.

BROOKSBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV
For 7k you should find a low km SS. I know you can get a VY SS over here in SA for around 10k with ~150,000km.
Like other people said above you should try get it for around 5-6k

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
With 7k shop around you will find a way better car for that money it's not like your on a super low budget. Harass the car yards for a deal V8's don't shift off there lots as fast as other car. It's a buyer market use it to your advantage..

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
With 330,000 and 7k its a lot of dollars and no matter how good a condition it is because probably sooner rather than latter its going to need a rebuild or lots of parts. I recon Holden engineering the parts to last 250,000 hoping were going to replace and buy a new one.