Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you let anyone else drive your car?

Can I have a drive of your car?

• Yeah sure. (Chucks me the keys)

Votes: 87 34.5%
  • No way. Don't even think about it.

Votes: 165 65.5%

• Total voters

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
only a couple of people are allowed to drive my car and believe me there are some serious T&C's involved before i let them.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
if my mates touched my car id be worried about what they did to it, if they got in id be keeping my remote with me or it would "grow legs" hahah but seriously i dont let my mum drive my car only my dad but thats me i dont like people in control of my car other then me

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Only family members and thats it nobody else unless I know them quite well and let them

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
The only other person who drives my car is the mechanic who gives it a roadworthy everyyear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
i voted yes drive my car anytime main reason, i am an apprentice mechanic and hence i am placed in a position of trust when somebody gives me their car to drive when i service/fix them but that said i would only give it to someone if
1/ i knew them personally
2/ they fully understood the concept of paying the excess on my insurance should anything happen
3/ they weren't someone who i thought would flog **** out of my car or do anything sus such as burnouts etc
4/ only preferably not necessarily a requirement that i be in the car with them, not always possible

and just to clear the air when i drive a car to fix something on it i do drive as if it was my own car only ever using full throttle after operating temp and if deemed necessary to use full throttle to identify/fix fault
and i won't even attempt to move a vehicle from a stationary position until it has got oil pressure and have ran for a little while to get a bit of temperature into the engine components
i do all this because i would expect they same sort of commno curtisy of someone if they were to drive my car

cheers for now
matt

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I love my car so much that it wouldnt surprise me if I catch my neighbor having sex with it :). But my friends and family means more to me than a hunk of sleek steel. They can drive it anytime!

Mr Squishi

Need Beer.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN SS (Auto)
besides the mechanic, the only people allowed to drive my car are my parents. But I hate to think how it gets treated sometimes by my dad. *shudders*

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I dont have a problem with people wanting to drive my car...because they generally would rather not because they're too used to power steering and cant cope trying to manhandle the VL at low speeds, whereas i've just gotten used to it over time.

My Dad gets to drive it but cant always because of his back

My Mum wont, cant turn the wheel even

My girlfriend finds it hard to drive it because of no power steering + the fact that the first time she drove the car, not to mention the first time she drove on her P's, she got pulled over by the cops.

My sister wont be getting anywhere near it because she A) Wont let me touch her car, and B) put my mums Volvo into a tree in her second hour as a learner driver.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I tried to vote for blank. Didn't work dammit!

I'd let my dad, mum under some conditions. Gf, only because if I say no I don't get any loving. But apart from that - me and myself. Maybe my brother, but he hasn't even let me drive his supra so stuff him.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh i would let my mates drive my car...given that they are a good driver, if not i would just say no. but yeh i wouldn't let them drive it all the time...all my mates have driven my car once and that would be about all the will drive it, unless i need them to.