Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

would you trade?????? vs for vl

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
go the calais.

waaaaaay nicer to look at than a big ugly VS boat :)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The only way I would trade a VS SS in as good condition as yours would be if the VL was a group a

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
i would personally keep the vs, however its your car and you will be the one driving it, regardless of what people on here say, you are the one stick with the car. Yes your car has had problems but dont forget the vl is even older and could have potentially more problems than the current vs. Long story short your car, your call.

cashbaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss manual
I've replaced so much. I could drive the Calais stock and get parts together. Whereas the vs is in a pretty **** state. Scratched door. Crazy cracks in the rear guard. Power windows don't work, central locking turns the lights on and off but doesn't unlock or lock. Brakes need bleeding, put a camber kit in and it did #### all. It's just a headache.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Remember that a Vl is now an old car, and they are not exactly fast stock. If you did get a new turbo on it you might have to get the engine rebuilt anyway.
Now if you got the Nissan RB26DETT head on it and a proper rebuild then that would be pretty awesome.

Up to you though.

cashbaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss manual
Keeping vs. Still love it. But a clean Calais turbo is on my shopping list

Guru Spook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i would personally keep the vs, however its your car and you will be the one driving it, regardless of what people on here say, you are the one stick with the car. Yes your car has had problems but dont forget the vl is even older and could have potentially more problems than the current vs. Long story short your car, your call.

It all depends on what sort condition the VL is in. If it's been maintained regularly throughout its life it should be fine. Ultimately I think that's more important than age itself.

I would rather a 25+ year old car that's been well maintained than a newer car that's been thrashed. I'm just generally speaking. Not using any specifics.

I drive mine every day and there's not that many cars I would rather have as a daily to be honest. From the sounds of it the VL in question sounds better than most are. Really I think the OP could swap for a lot worse.